Track Individual Clicks on a Page?

If a page has multiple links to different videos (using ScriptyLightbox) would there be a way of tracking the amount of clicks individually?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There is a way in Google Analytics to assign a listener to the click event, and parse out which link was clicked. I do not know how you would do that with the ScriptyLightbox Action, though, because it requires that you alter the link code, and the Action writes that for you. If you host your own videos, and you use SL to link to those videos through an iframe (so loading another page within your site, which only contains the video itself), you will be able to track the hits from those pages, and thus infer how popular individual videos are.

I am not sure if this is any help, though.

Walter

On Feb 11, 2016, at 3:54 AM, Jon H email@hidden wrote:

If a page has multiple links to different videos (using ScriptyLightbox) would there be a way of tracking the amount of clicks individually?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank you very much.

I have not dvelled too much into Google Analytics yet. But that obviously has to be corrected now.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can do this:

Set up an individual page for each video. Then I embed an .mp4 video directly on each of these pages. On the original page I then can use the Link to New Window action pointing to each of the videos on their respective pages. As a result the videos will open in a new window on top of the other and can easily be closed when finished. Sounds like a good solution to me.

What do you think?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you use ScriptyLightbox 2, you can simply link to each page where you added the movie file. The Action automatically converts links to pages into iframe content when the light box pops up.

All you would need to do is make sure that each of the movie pages had the GA Action on it. That will take care of your metrics, because that entire page will load.

Walter

On Feb 11, 2016, at 10:26 AM, Jon H email@hidden wrote:

Thank you very much.

I have not dvelled too much into Google Analytics yet. But that obviously has to be corrected now.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can do this:

Set up an individual page for each video. Then I embed an .mp4 video directly on each of these pages. On the original page I then can use the Link to New Window action pointing to each of the videos on their respective pages. As a result the videos will open in a new window on top of the other and can easily be closed when finished. Sounds like a good solution to me.

What do you think?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Brilliant.

Thanks a lot,

Jon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden