two menus for the same "responsive" page?

Hello all. I am turning around responsive sites, and for my first one, I need to have buttons like images, and using graphics for that, but this is not responsive css menu. I am thinking of making a menu with these images for webs and a normal hamburguer menu for mobiles.

Is this posible through breakpoints?

Besides, I need to vertical align to the center these buttons with the logo, and Im using Backdraft and its no possible… and trying to get the vertical alignment for the item at the palettes, but have dissapear… and the buttons go to top all the time. The one I would like for web is like http://www.i-tek.es/demoweb/ryd/index.html but with logo and buttons being align, and the one for mobiles is http://www.i-tek.es/demoweb/ryd/index4.html but with the logo, not the word…

Any help, please?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

found vertical aligment, I knew it existed… but just in cells at tables… arrgggg… any other way?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 30 Jul 2015, 5:25 pm, rakeljuice wrote:

Hello all. I am turning around responsive sites, and for my first one, I need to have buttons like images, and using graphics for that, but this is not responsive css menu. I am thinking of making a menu with these images for webs and a normal hamburguer menu for mobiles.

Is this posible through breakpoints?

Sure it is, use 2 different parent div’s for nav, turn on/off ‘display’ for each parent div on the appropriate breakpoint. I’ve used this approach for a project I’m supporting here: ontwerpzaam.nl

You can imagine I’m curious about the ‘why’ you need to use graphic buttons in the first place, is it something that can’t be created via css?

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

No, probably it could be created… But with the backdraft css menu buttons you can only insert an image, and it doesn’t fit all the lengths of buttons, the buttons are on top, it’s imposible (for me) to make them align at vertical center with the logo, and the hamburger of the closed menu appears under the logo instead of right that I set the menu to float … If you see the links you can see what I mean… It’s A mess…

I saw the display brakepoint, and did it, but it doesn’t fit as I liked… Because of the inline elements, I think that are difficult to set in the space.

So I choose the inline graphics as a menu, cause Al least they go one under the other in rows… Im working on another file. I’ll upload to see.

It’s the first time I try to work responsive, inline… All together!!

Thanks again.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello again. When you said two parents div, do you mean to have (remenber Im working on backdranft) like 2 menuwrappers, one over the other, each of them with a logo? I was having just one wrapper, and inside it, one logo, and the 2 menus, but I had problems qith the alignment, because I was trying to put both menus at the same div, isnt it?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

(remenber Im working on backdranft)

Remember - you’re using a free of charge, unsupported product.

So what you need would be a helpful hand knowing Backdraft - and they’re rare just because those being able to give you an answer usually don’t know Backdraft (cause they don’t need it at all) and those using Backdraft usually can’t answer you any question.

One possibility in mind is contacting Caleb (the Backdraft author) and booking a paid Premium Support Ticket.

But back to your basic pain:

Doubtful if creating two exactly the same navigations on one page is a really good idea, cause google may dislike it. But I may fail here as so often.

And yes - as Richard already pointed out - it’s all a matter of CSS, cause images for decoration purposes playing not a big role anymore.

It can be done in Freeway, but it requires coding knowledge or at least a fundamental idea how to handle external stuff. Furthermore, I think it needs to introduce a manual breakpoint handling.

So hereby I’m out cause I never will be part of discussions about sense or nonsense of coding knowledge requirements in Freeway anymore (simply way too often invoked).

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hello Thommas. Thanks for your explanation. At last, after getting around, I found a solution. I uploaded what I get for menus at the same link, with /index5.html. And google says ok to it… Now Im going on with the contents.

I realized that backdraft has not a forum, I asked Caleb when I asked him for the webyep gallery aswell. And what you say about people who use backdraft cant give you an answer and peopleo who can answer dont use backdraft, I can perfectly understand. Sometimes I read post with questions I have solved on my own, but as we say in spanish “by the old lady count” so I know is not the best way to solved, it is just a poor way to get it, so I dont answer…

About the discussion, I really liked to find the time to improved in the coding bases with freeway and css and javascript. But when I need to do something its always too late… For example, I have on mind your lounge, since months ago… but didnt started yet…

By other hand, I like to answer in the forum, because in the words people say me, lots of times I can find a way. Im not waiting someone to make the job for me, just orienting me. And its not the first time I paid for a support ticket with other tools.

So, I will be back soon!!!

Thanks a lot

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Question for Richard vH…

sorry for going back to here, but as it was said at Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk I have a question, Richard… How have you achieved the vertical (only can be maden with Softpress’ menu) and ‘accordion’ (only can be maden with Walt’s) menu you show at this example link you wrote below…, (where you mix vertical alignment in desktop, but in mobile size, it flow over the content pushing what is under)?

Is this what you refered when you said that you use 2 menus? Are you using both of them… (css menu and responsive css menu)?

If it could be said. If not, say that is hand coded, and I will not try more… because I am several hours on it, and I think Im on the way, but perhaps Im losing my time… and should think another way…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can’t say it for sure, but the vertical menu is just a simple (extra styled) list - nothing else, which is hidden (via inspector) at the smallest breakpoint while the action-menu is hidden on all bigger breakpoints except of the smallest. Show/Hide in inspector is at the third tab.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I finally did this site I was asking for with two menus, one for desktop and tablet and the other for mobiles, with the display option, but they are two completely different menus (graphically speaking). What I think about Richard’s is that perhaps they are different (structure speaking) but seems to be the same(graphically speaking)… and I think its the quid I didnt understand when he wrote but gave me the idea for doing that way.
Thanks for your answers. Learning everyday…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden