unable to import editable PDF files

I have a number of PDF files that I need to edit (mainly, by changing the font). But when I import them in Intaglio, the files are not editable: both the Group and Ungroup options are greyed out.

Have I missed a setting somewhere? (I did select the Preferences/Conversions/Convert PDF for Editing during Import option.)

Intaglio 3.9.4a
Mac OS X 10.11.4

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

After importing the pdf…
1- select the image (select all, command-A)
2- In the Object menu, choose Convert —> PDF For Editing

You will now be able to edit the pdf. However, the conversion from PDF frequently doesn’t work correctly depending on how it was originally assembled, you just have to give it a try and see if it works for you. BTW- I use this feature a lot for pulling drawings out of pdfs.

Best of luck,
Jay.

On Apr 15, 2016, at 12:42 PM, Alan C. Bowen email@hidden wrote:

I have a number of PDF files that I need to edit (mainly, by changing the font). But when I import them in Intaglio, the files are not editable: both the Group and Ungroup options are greyed out.

Have I missed a setting somewhere? (I did select the Preferences/Conversions/Convert PDF for Editing during Import option.)

Intaglio 3.9.4a
Mac OS X 10.11.4

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, Jay. I missed this option in the Object menu and will doubtless use it as this project advances. Regrettably, the “Convert PDF for Editing” is greyed out when I work with the images that I have right now. I guess the solution is to ask the authors to produce editable PDFs, if they can.

All best, Alan

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

It clearly depends on in what way the files were created. They might have been made with the use of some outdated or poor software, which exports corrupted reports, or scanned from an image extension. Try to process them here at first https://edit-pdf.pdffiller.com it might help with this thing eventually, but the app is paid

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden