unwanted forced style

Freeway has begun to force a specific style on all new text items. It overrides any specific style that I apply and I can’t delete it from the text item from the Style Inspector - If I click on the minus, it deletes everything except the unwanted style.

If I insert an HTML box and double click, the unwanted style is automatically applied. This issue just suddenly appeared – no accidental keystrokes or anything else.

Is this due to a corrupted .plst file?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Could you post a link to a page that shows the issue? Also note what text you’re seeing the issue on, since we can’t tell what you want.

Walter

On Feb 14, 2017, at 1:24 PM, Trey Yancy email@hidden wrote:

Freeway has begun to force a specific style on all new text items. It overrides any specific style that I apply and I can’t delete it from the text item from the Style Inspector - If I click on the minus, it deletes everything except the unwanted style.

If I insert an HTML box and double click, the unwanted style is automatically applied. This issue just suddenly appeared – no accidental keystrokes or anything else.

Is this due to a corrupted .plst file?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

HI Walt. Thanks for your response.

The issue is with the nested html object with the x.

I can apply another style to it (such as one with a right align) but in this case, it retains the left alignment. If I go to the style inspector I will see both styles. If I try to delete the unwanted style (that was automatically applied) it deletes the style I applied and the default style remains.

This does not happen within the parent box; only when I have one box nested within another.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The x character is as close to unstyled as anything that comes out of Freeway. By that I mean that it has the f-fp and f-lp classes applied to it and that’s it. That just removes any leading and trailing padding from the paragraph, so it snugs up to the edges of its container, vertically speaking.

So what are you expecting this character to do? It’s in the following construction:

<div id="PageDiv">
	<div id="page-wrapper" class="f-x2 f-ms">
		<div id="body-wrapper" class="f-x2 f-ms">
			<div id="textBlock1" class="f-x2 f-ms">
				<div id="illustrationGroup" class="f-x2 f-x3 f-ms">
					<p class="f-fp f-lp">x</p>
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

Everything is full-width until you get to the #illustrationGroup box, and that’s set to width of 17.86%, 10px left margin, and float right. So that puts your x at the position (100 - 17.86)% + 10px left margin, approximately. Is that what you were expecting?

Walter

On Feb 14, 2017, at 2:22 PM, Trey Yancy email@hidden wrote:

HI Walt. Thanks for your response.

testpage

The issue is with the nested html object with the x.

I can apply another style to it (such as one with a right align) but in this case, it retains the left alignment. If I go to the style inspector I will see both styles. If I try to delete the unwanted style (that was automatically applied) it deletes the style I applied and the default style remains.

This does not happen within the parent box; only when I have one box nested within another.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I want to apply a style and not have an additional unwanted style applied from out of nowhere that I can’t get rid of.

If I enter some text in the parent box it behaves exactly as expected. If I delete the style, the Text Inspector shows no style.

If I do the same in the nested box, the “p-test-title” style (which I did not apply - it just appears) cannot be removed, either by hitting the minus button or by selecting no style in the style window.

This “p-test-title” style has a left alignment. If I apply a style with a right alignment, the alignment is ignored and the only way to force it is to manually select the alignment from the Character inspector, which then creates a junk temporary style for the alignment.

Perhaps there’s some corruption with my copy of FW or the document itself.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can you make another test page with this phantom style applied? I don’t see it here in the HTML you’ve published, so if I can see where it is coming from (maybe it’s applied to a box that is one of the ancestors of your illustrationGroup sidebar) then that would explain it.

Walter

On Feb 14, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Trey Yancy email@hidden wrote:

I want to apply a style and not have an additional unwanted style applied from out of nowhere that I can’t get rid of.

If I enter some text in the parent box it behaves exactly as expected. If I delete the style, the Text Inspector shows no style.

If I do the same in the nested box, the “p-test-title” style (which I did not apply - it just appears) cannot be removed, either by hitting the minus button or by selecting no style in the style window.

This “p-test-title” style has a left alignment. If I apply a style with a right alignment, the alignment is ignored and the only way to force it is to manually select the alignment from the Character inspector, which then creates a junk temporary style for the alignment.

Perhaps there’s some corruption with my copy of FW or the document itself.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have an idea that it is just my copy of FW (or the document) misbehaving.

Thanks for your efforts. I do appreciate it.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden