unwanted Sites folder

Every time I open Freeway it creates a folder named sites at the root of my user folder, I don’t want this happening, is there a way to stop it?
Thanks,
q

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

User/Sites is a system folder that Freeway uses as the default location for “File Copy” upload.

I don’t think you need to delete it or do anything with it. If you don’t use “File Copy” upload, it will remain empty.

Jeremy

On 25 Jul 2019, at 00:09, qq email@hidden wrote:

Every time I open Freeway it creates a folder named sites at the root of my user folder, I don’t want this happening, is there a way to stop it?
Thanks,
q

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

[your user]/Sites is a part of Mac OS. It has nothing to do with Freeway. You should not delete it, but you don’t have to worry about it either.

Walter

On Jul 25, 2019, at 5:54 AM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

User/Sites is a system folder that Freeway uses as the default location for “File Copy” upload.

I don’t think you need to delete it or do anything with it. If you don’t use “File Copy” upload, it will remain empty.

Jeremy

On 25 Jul 2019, at 00:09, qq email@hidden wrote:

Thanks,
q

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Yeah, I understand but find it a bit annoying that an app would install a system level folder that can only be deleted by SUDO and wondering if there is an accessible setting to stop it. Anyway, thanks for your help.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

It’s actually being created by the system - Freeway doesn’t have permissions to create or delete this folder, but it asks the system for its address, and the system creates it if it doesn’t already exist.

You might be able to prevent it from being recreated if you select a different File Copy folder in the Upload pane of the Document Setup dialog (and never open a new document after that).

Future versions of Freeway won’t use this folder. It’s something that Apple recommended in the past, but that was in pre-sandbox days.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jeremy, OK, thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden