Upcoming News re Freeway

I just wrote a glowing post that took long enough to write that I was silently logged off and the content was lost when I hit the post button.

The short version: I have been a published software reviewer for 16 years, covering applications ranging from the basics to software that retailed at $8K a pop… When I first got my hands on FW, I was extremely impressed by the combination of ease of use, power, and the creativity it inspired; making it one of only four serious apps I’ve ever used that I would describe as being fun. And, while this is superficial, the packaging, presentation, spiral-bound documentation, made an impression as well – telling me that the people at SP really “got” it.

I confess that when the responsive features appeared, I decided not to publish; choosing to wait for certain issues to be resolved. Hopefully, the unfortunate turn of events this Summer will result in a version of Freeway that will reclaim the crown of best of category.

With my day job as a CD, I have to wear far too many hats and have so much going on in my 50 hour week that I sometimes must rely on the FW forum for assistance (thanks to Dan, Erns and everyone else) but I will say that while I’ve tried nearly every alternative (and even purchased several apps when the trial periods expired, and every one of them has a huge “gotcha” of one type or another. FW remains my platform of choice.

Reviewers are supposed to be objective, but I am definitely looking forward to FW8. There is clearly a lot to do and I’ll continue to cheer for the FW people every step of the way.

Okay, so it wasn’t a short version…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: