Upload Issues

Anyone else can’t upload via Freeway but can via external FTP app?

I’m thinking there is some change re the web that FW needs to address. Maybe this whole https business?

The same Freeway file will happily upload to any older host accounts but not the new ones.

I have tried with 2 separate hosting companies to see if it is their issue and both cannot upload.
As said I have changed the upload details and uploaded successfully to older hosted accounts so the file itself isn’t the problem.

Just getting the usual error messages that aren’t even true from FW such as: 550 cannot complete upload because a file or folder could not be accessed. The file you have chosen doesn’t exist when I can see it clearly in FTP.

Or the password or username is incorrect when it is the same details used to open FTP app.

tried on:

Mac: High Sierra and Mountain Lion

Freeway 5 and Freeway Pro 7.1.4

Heeeeeeeelp!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Ed,

The messages that Freeway reports are messages that come directly from the FTP server.

You can see exactly what happens during upload by turning on Save Log in the Upload dialog.

Logs are saved in the Logs folder in your user Library folder - which you can get to by holding Option and selecting Library from the Finder’s Go menu.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I was required to put a slash before the ftp folder that had never been required before. I think seeing that in the log files helped. Oh tech how we love you!

Thanks very much for your help Jeremy. Much appreciated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Glad it’s sorted!

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden