Use text link to send HTML form

Hi all,

I have a HTML form created which I would like to send by click on a text link, not a button.

My idea is to use the following:

<form id="myform" action="dowhat.cgi" method="GET">
<a href = "javascript:document.getElementById("myform").submit(); return false;">Click here to send...</a>
</form>

Can this be considered being an “officlal” method working on modern as well as old webbrowsers?

Max.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can this be considered being an “officlal” method working on modern as well as old webbrowsers?

Not sure about ‘officiaL’ but .cgi files are certainly old hat - preferred methods these days would be using php

Is there something wrong with the FW SendForm and PHP Feedback Form actions that puts you off using either of them?

You can select any text in FW and make it a Label to associate it with a Send button (for example) and then hide the actual button using CSS.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

If you want a button to look like a link, that is best done with CSS, not JavaScript. You can remove all the visual button styling from a button, and it will still act like a button.

input[type="submit"] {
    outline: none;
    border: none;
    background: none;
    padding: none;
    margin: none;
    display: inline;
}

Walter

On Jul 24, 2016, at 12:34 PM, DeltaDave email@hidden wrote:

Not sure about ‘officiaL’ but .cgi files are certainly old hat - preferred methods these days would be using php

Is there something wrong with the FW SendForm and PHP Feedback Form actions that puts you off using either of them?

You can select any text in FW and make it a Label to associate it with a Send button (for example) and then hide the actual button using CSS.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options