To apply a background effect to an HTML item:
- Select the item.
- Change to the Appearance pane of the Inspector palette.
- Choose a background effect from the Graphic Effects section.
Sliced Background ImagesFreeway 5 has an option for slicing background images so that they can be used to apply a border or effect to an HTML item. This allows you to create HTML boxes with decorative borders, or shadows, or translucent backgrounds etc.
To create a sliced background image, you will normally want to use an image that has a framed border and a uniform central area, which may be transparent or semi-transparent. Freeway 5 also provides customizable background effects which will automatically generate a sliced background image.
To create a sliced background image:
- Select an HTML item
- Change to the Appearance pane of the Inspector palette
- Choose a suitable background image using the Image popup in the Background section
- Check the Slice Image checkbox