Ventura upgrade

After several years of crashes, freezes etc, I’ve finally updated my Mac from OS10.14.6 to 13.6.4. predictably, few of my Apps work, but i was surprised that Xway won’t open. Clicking on the Xway icon makes it appear in the menu bar (next to the Apple icon), but all is says is ‘Xway’. No menus, nothing. Double clicking on an Xway file makes the app quit. Of all the bits of software I expected to lose – Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress etc, I had thought Xway would be a safe bet. I’m sure it is, but…
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Can you try holding down the Shift key when you launch Xway? This will prevent it from opening any document windows, apart from a new document window. It’s possible that some kind of system cache has been corrupted during the upgrade, and Xway is trying to open a file that isn’t an Xway document.

Hi Jeremy.
I hate computers!
The shift key option didn’t work, but I’ve downloaded a fresh copy of Xway and all seems to be fine. I’ll get back to my Youtube video experiments eventually!
Thanks
Geoff

Glad it’s working now!

So, one final question – on p139 of the user guide, it says ‘rel=0’ now shows related videos from the same channel. Is there a way of turning this off completely? It’s not a problem on a large display, but on a phone, this row of suggested videos fills the screen and it’s easier to click on one, than to select the video that’s intended.
Thanks
Geoff

I don’t think it’s possible to turn it off completely.

But where is the row of suggested videos? I don’t see anything until I get to the end of the video I’m watching.

Seems to have vanished now!
Thanks
geoff