WBSITE HELP NEEDED

Hello

I am hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I live in Brighton in Sussex and I need someone who can help me with getting this site running as it’s not performing and I have reacted my limit on what I can do. Someone local I would prefer or I can always send the file, obversely I will pay.

I was in contact with Tim from London who used to do freeway training but he disappeared. So if anyone would like some work please contact me :slight_smile:

www.markheeler-kitchens.co…uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Is the site you’re referring to not responding the way it should? Or … ?

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes, please provide some details about what’s not working so we can help. The www.markheeler-kitchens.co…uk site does not come up at all.

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’m seeing a perfectly good website. Well crafted as well.
Try removing the second ‘dot’ between co and uk: www.markheeler-kitchens.co.uk

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Of course! Sorry I missed that.

It’s a very nice site and seems to work for me. What’s wrong with it?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello all thank you for taking you time to look I should of actually said what needs doing…It’s more the performance on google i’m happy with the way it looks but its hardly getting any hits.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yesterday, I received an email from you (or your client??) if I could help out. I immediately answered, asking some important things for doing the job - but haven’t received an answer yet:

So this is on a very first view what’s going wrong:

1. Titelimage: As far as I can see, it uses a 8MB heavy-weighted version (I may fail). This is a NO-GO at all!!!
  2. You can’t properly deal with absolute-positioning within an inflow construction (I assume it’s Tim’s template). Absolute positioned items require a parent-element and certainly relative measurements - not absolute.
  3. Whenever you add padding (or border) to an element which has a width-value applied, make sure to adjust the resulting width (box-sizing action might be of help - I’m solving this by an alternative construction method)

A consistent padding throughout the document helps as well - but is not mandatory.

For google I’m not a real expert - but Freeway usually does an excellent job in it (site-mapper and the like). What it can’t do is generate clicks - and if there is no interest - there won’t be clicks. I see a website these days not as lifesaver - it is part of a marketing-mix. Those stuff (I don’t really understand anymore) such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the like would be the next to target - perhaps.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden