WebYep and lightbox

I’m getting a spurious problem with using lightbox (version 2) and WebYep (last available version). Lightbox is placed within the ‘opt’ folder of WebYep.

At the base of the linked page, I get a white box with a rotating cursor, as if lightbox were trying to load an image, with a close box off to the right. This page is based on a master page, and uses Backdraft to create a responsive gallery as an alternative to the standard non-responsive WebYep one.

On a similar page, also taken from this master, no box appears at the base:
https://www.graham-graham-beck.co.uk/drawings-gallery.php

Rather confused as to why I should get this on some pages and not on others. The spurious box appears on this page:

https://www.graham-graham-beck.co.uk/graham-graham-beck-music-gallery.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Seems to be working in my browsers? have you cleared the cache and tried again?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Matt – yes, just tried again just in case, but I still get the problem on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Very odd. It always appears after the last item on any affected page, as on this page as well:

https://www.graham-graham-beck.co.uk/other-bands-projects.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Ian, sorry didn’t see at first.

have you got another div at bottom of page with the light box class?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve not assigned the class to any div myself, relying on WebYep to pick up lightbox whenever I give an image a ‘thumbnail’ assignment, essentially a ‘false’ or ‘true’ drop down in the WebYep action suite.

I think something is going awry with the way lightbox is being implemented, be it a javascript library conflict, incorrect paths somewhere or an incompatibility between the versions of WebYep and lightbox being used. I’ve tried all sorts of things, but the one puzzling fact remains – that other pages produced from the same master page containing the gallery layout, work fine.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

have you added the login to Web Yep on new page?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

see that you have!, the link on the image seems to be the webpage

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

hi ian could you check your setting on the config action because i can see that both jQuery and prototype/scriptaculus are
you really want to choose one of the three available library
then republish the config file and see what error you get then

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Max – ah… just discovered the config action! OK, I’ve disabled Prototype/Scriptaculous and enabled jQuery. As soon as I reference jQuery in the pages - immediately before the head tag…

…the error occurs, but NOT on every page that references it and also uses the same layout underpinnings. Definitely confused!

Ian

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Maybe this rule will help:

HTML Markup - Before the body:

Enable Prototype/Scriptaculous and jQuery

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Sjef – I did try this a while ago, but not in the before body position. On trying again, I still get the anomaly, but it was worth a go so thanks. The lightbox facility does work, and has worked all along, just with the extra unwanted white box and close cross at the base of pages affected.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi ian before you start to introduce new code I would advice you to have a look at what the output is producing
from what I can see you still have prototype/scripatculaus and jQuery libraries

did you actually change the config file? and did you upload it? because I see no difference in your output

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Max – yes, I tried all combinations of library activation/deactivation to no avail, and the config file was definitely uploaded. The current state reflects the last suggestion from Sjef above, Max.

If I turn off Prototype/Scriptaculous and run jQuery, I get the anomaly, but the lightbox function works otherwise. Doing the reverse results in no lightbox function at all, clicking a thumbnail goes to another page displaying the enlarged image. Do I have to call the Prototype/Scriptaculous libraries within the relevant pages, or does WebYep do this via the config file, and if so do I need to place anything in the ‘opt’ folder?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

sounds like there is a some sort of clash or corruption

can you contact me off line
max.izzat(a)gmail.com

and lest see if we can get to the bottom of this
cheers max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks Max, will do!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Max did a brilliant job of getting to the bottom of this problem a while ago now, and I should have mentioned this earlier.

The problem arises due to the nature of the looping function, and the way Master pages operate.

1. I hadn’t got the WebYep configuration action on this site which ws corrected, and I made sure that jQuery was enabled, and Prototype/Scriptaculous were disabled. This alone didn’t solve the issue, but tidied things up.

2. Loop functionality
    The ‘Use Master’ checkbox was checked in the bottom left corner of the action palette of CSS menu – this needed unchecking on any page using a WebYep loop.

UPDATE I’ve since found out that rechecking the box has no ill effects. Not sure why!

1. Light Box issue
    To solve an inheritance problem, the following was inserted into pages with a looped gallery:

div#lightbox.lightbox { display:none }

On republishing and emptying the cache, all was rendered correctly.

OK, I get occasional glitches in WebYep – more due to my lack of coding knowledge than anything else – but when I get something I can’t solve, the customer care and backup from Max is second to none. No, it really is! It’s for this reason, and the relative ease of use that I’ll continue to use WebYep.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden