When CSS started making sense…

Many who have experienced that “a-ha” moment, when we realized that everything we did with Freeway produced code and that we could directly influence how Freeway spit that code out. I liked this article for helping me remember life before and after my own “a-ha” moment.

Also known as “Walter, it was all your fault”.

Whether it provokes nostalgia or if you are still hoping for your own enlightenment, I hope you enjoy.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The interesting part is the hidden one and off CSS.

Chris once declared his first “A-ha” moment in Webdesign generally as the follows:

“Everything is a Rectangle”.

This is pretty interesting, cause as a FreewayUser you don’t care about. You’re used to. You see it - the green rectangle.

The sad thing on this story is, that lots of FW-user had their first “A-ha” moment recently!

Freeway will retire. A-ha?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Lol, I read another article today that said all this rectangle-ness was killing the soul of web design.

While with Freeway the “box” is always in our face, the UI didn’t allow that realization to be easily implemented for things like type-- which in CSS you can absolutely treat the same way with margins and padding and borders… but Freeway chose to make it hard or impossible to see or use.

Or that things like links or spans or any other element were also boxes (or containers, whatever word you like) and could also be manipulated as such.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

things like type-- which in CSS you can absolutely treat the same way with margins and padding and borders… but Freeway chose to make it hard or impossible to see or use.

Or that things like links or spans or any other element were also boxes (or containers, whatever word you like) and could also be manipulated as such.

… and exactly this attracts me currently to dive into Pinegrow. It has some approaches, which often reminds me of you. It allows you to place content first, and structure later (somehow) cause you can drag and drop and hereby rearrange all elements.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options