When quitting Xway there doesn't appear to be any prompts to save or discard work.

Good morning from a dismal, flooded, back garden in the UK.

This may have been broached before but I am surprised that, when quitting the Xway programme either by accidentally clicking on the red spot top left or just clicking quit, that any changes to the files being worked on is automatically saved and the history of changes lost.

There are times when what one is trying to achieve is not delivering a successful conclusion. Then, quitting the programme with the option of not saving changes is preferable. Is there an option to switch this on or has it been deemed unnecessary, for what ever reason, to implement this?

I am enjoying working through the intricacies of Xway, compared to other Website Design Programmes, to eventually get to the finished item. Lockdown over here in the UK (not allowed to give Driving Tuition at present) is offering a superb opportunity to get stuck in and work for hours at a time on development but with a slight lapse of concentration I would like the reminder on screen to let me know that by continuing will mean all changes will be lost or vice versa, automatically saved.

Regards,
Peter A-B.

Good morning to you, from a warm sofa in Normandy… (will we really hit 19°c this weekend?)

You’re in luck. Built-in to Mac apps, using the iWork like features as XWay does, is an incredibly handy, app specific, Time Machine.

If you go to the File Menu and choose ‘Revert To’, you will be able to choose from any of your previously saved versions. So when working, if you are at a stage that you think you may want to revert to later on, just hit Cmd-S and carry on working. If you note the time, then you will easily be able to revert to that version at a later stage… or if you prefer, keep your current version + the older one.

Here’s a support doc, for how it works in Pages:

Hi Peter,

You can change this behaviour by choosing “Ask to keep changes when saving documents” in the General pane of System Preferences.

Jeremy

Hi Grantsymon and Jeremy,

Thank you for your help and advices. I knew there would be an easy way. It’s sometimes easier to ask than wade through the many settings.

Peter.

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 at 10:43, Jeremy Hughes <email@hidden> wrote:

Hi Peter,

You can change this behaviour by choosing “Ask to keep changes when saving documents” in the General pane of System Preferences.

Jeremy