Widgets

Hi to all, I built a website for a client several years ago that is an inline, box model. They’ve sent me a widget provided by a vendor that I’ve attempted to insert without any success. I’ve tried both a Page HTML Markup as well as an Insert Markup item. Below is the code provided. Would appreciate some assistance. Thanks!

_______________________________________________ freewaytalk mailing list email@hidden Update your subscriptions at: https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Have you posted the result anywhere that we could look at it running in a browser, and see what error messages it emits? What are you expecting to happen, and what has happened so far? This looks as though it would just work if you pasted it into a Markup item somewhere on the page (nested inline into some element to give it some shape, perhaps).

Walter

On Jul 10, 2018, at 3:37 PM, Maggie email@hidden wrote:

Hi to all, I built a website for a client several years ago that is an inline, box model. They’ve sent me a widget provided by a vendor that I’ve attempted to insert without any success. I’ve tried both a Page HTML Markup as well as an Insert Markup item. Below is the code provided. Would appreciate some assistance. Thanks!

_______________________________________________ freewaytalk mailing list email@hidden Update your subscriptions at: https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Walt - thanks for the reply. Here is a link to a test page I created in WIX that shows how the widget is supposed to look in the Freeway website. https://macmaggie.wixsite.com/testsite

I’ve tried inserting the code nested inline, but am still unable to preview it. Any other suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

That depends on what you mean by preview, I think. The URL of the script begins with //. This is a normal thing to do when you want to ensure that a script will work in both secure and non-secure pages. If you preview this page (as you are doing with Wix) on the web, it should just work. I tested it here, and as long as the page was being hosted by a web server, it worked just fine.

What I would do is draw a Markup Item on the page where you want the widget to appear, and then when the dialog appears for the code, paste in just this part:

<div class='cvt-main-app' data-widget-url='www.cvent.com/d/cgq771/6V'><script type='text/javascript'>window.cvtDomain = 'www.cvent.com'; var cventWidgetLoaderScript = document.createElement('script');var numberOfHoursFrom1970 = new Date().getTime()/(3600 * 1000);  cventWidgetLoaderScript .src = '//www.cvent.com/g/mobile/javascript/widget-loader.js?versioninhrs=' + numberOfHoursFrom1970; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(cventWidgetLoaderScript);</script></div>

That’s what I tried and it worked on the first try.

Walter

On Jul 20, 2018, at 6:02 PM, Maggie email@hidden wrote:

Walt - thanks for the reply. Here is a link to a test page I created in WIX that shows how the widget is supposed to look in the Freeway website. https://macmaggie.wixsite.com/testsite

I’ve tried inserting the code nested inline, but am still unable to preview it. Any other suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

http://scripty.walterdavisstudio.com/widget/

Make sure the CSS button is on, choose Insert / Markup Item from the main menu. A dialog appears. Paste in the code and okay the dialog. You will see a tiny [ ] icon on the page. Hover the mouse near one of its corners until the tail disappears from the pointer. That’s your cue that the cursor is ready to resize the box. Click and drag the corner until it is the right size and drag it to your preferred position on the page. You won’t see anything in the design view or the internal preview, but if you publish to the web and visit the page there, it will work, as above.

Walter

On Jul 20, 2018, at 10:57 PM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

That depends on what you mean by preview, I think. The URL of the script begins with //. This is a normal thing to do when you want to ensure that a script will work in both secure and non-secure pages. If you preview this page (as you are doing with Wix) on the web, it should just work. I tested it here, and as long as the page was being hosted by a web server, it worked just fine.

What I would do is draw a Markup Item on the page where you want the widget to appear, and then when the dialog appears for the code, paste in just this part:

<div class='cvt-main-app' data-widget-url='www.cvent.com/d/cgq771/6V'><script type='text/javascript'>window.cvtDomain = 'www.cvent.com'; var cventWidgetLoaderScript = document.createElement('script');var numberOfHoursFrom1970 = new Date().getTime()/(3600 * 1000);  cventWidgetLoaderScript .src = '//www.cvent.com/g/mobile/javascript/widget-loader.js?versioninhrs=' + numberOfHoursFrom1970; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(cventWidgetLoaderScript);</script></div>

That’s what I tried and it worked on the first try.

Walter

On Jul 20, 2018, at 6:02 PM, Maggie email@hidden wrote:

Walt - thanks for the reply. Here is a link to a test page I created in WIX that shows how the widget is supposed to look in the Freeway website. https://macmaggie.wixsite.com/testsite

I’ve tried inserting the code nested inline, but am still unable to preview it. Any other suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options