WorkFu

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Haven’t had a peep from them since I signed up. FIlled out the whole profile etc.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I never heard of them. Does anyone use thumbtack.com or guru.com?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2012, at 21:12, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

Haven’t had a peep from them since I signed up. FIlled out the whole profile etc.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The WorkFu site is a great example of a functional and nice-looking web app. Beautiful UI. I wonder if it’s built on Ruby or PHP?

Todd
http://xiiro.com

On Jun 3, 2012, at 8:12 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Haven’t had a peep from them since I signed up. FIlled out the whole profile etc.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Looks like ASP.net, judging by their use of combres.axd. Very clean example of the breed, I haven’t looked at it in years, but the last time I looked, they were heavily using inline JavaScript everywhere. This is aggressively not that that.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Todd wrote:

The WorkFu site is a great example of a functional and nice-looking web app. Beautiful UI. I wonder if it’s built on Ruby or PHP?

Todd
http://xiiro.com

On Jun 3, 2012, at 8:12 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Haven’t had a peep from them since I signed up. FIlled out the whole profile etc.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I guess I assume everything is either PHP or Ruby these days and forget that ASP.net is still around. A nice execution all the same.

Todd

On Jun 3, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Looks like ASP.net, judging by their use of combres.axd. Very clean example of the breed, I haven’t looked at it in years, but the last time I looked, they were heavily using inline JavaScript everywhere. This is aggressively not that that.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Todd wrote:

The WorkFu site is a great example of a functional and nice-looking web app. Beautiful UI. I wonder if it’s built on Ruby or PHP?

Todd
http://xiiro.com

On Jun 3, 2012, at 8:12 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Haven’t had a peep from them since I signed up. FIlled out the whole profile etc.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve started hearing from a few guys here in uk that .net is growing again and is becoming preferred over php.

Is this a trend that is real? Or just a rumour. What advantages over .net does php have?

The only reason I ask is that a client of ours who is experienced in digital projects is asking for a .net site.

Nathan Garner
Senior Designer

+44 (0)1202 597 140
email@hidden
http://www.rla.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Jun 2012, at 03:20, “Todd” email@hidden wrote:

I guess I assume everything is either PHP or Ruby these days and forget that ASP.net is still around. A nice execution all the same.

Todd

On Jun 3, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Looks like ASP.net, judging by their use of combres.axd. Very clean example of the breed, I haven’t looked at it in years, but the last time I looked, they were heavily using inline JavaScript everywhere. This is aggressively not that that.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Todd wrote:

The WorkFu site is a great example of a functional and nice-looking web app. Beautiful UI. I wonder if it’s built on Ruby or PHP?

Todd
http://xiiro.com

On Jun 3, 2012, at 8:12 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Haven’t had a peep from them since I signed up. FIlled out the whole profile etc.

Walter

On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Now that WorkFu https://workfu.com/ has been running for a couple weeks has anyone landed a gig using it?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options
RLA - INDISPENSABLE IN WHAT WE DO
part of the mission
RLA is a trading name of RLA Group Ltd
Registered in England no: 3679160
If this email has found you by mistake, please do not share or reproduce any of its contents as they may be confidential or contain material subject to copyright. Instead let us know and delete the email immediately. This email does not necessarily represent the views of the RLA Group. Please consider the environment before printing.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve started hearing from a few guys here in uk that .net is growing again and is becoming preferred over php.

Is this a trend that is real? Or just a rumour. What advantages over .net does php have?

Interesting. It seems Ruby is also gaining a lot of ground over PHP. I was contacted by a London-based company about a Ruby position recently. I was told there’s a big and growing demand in the U.K. for Ruby devs as more companies transition from PHP (and I’m sure .net) but there’s a shortage of qualified candidates so they’re aggressively recruiting on a global scale. I don’t know how accurate that statement is but it’s what I was told.

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hey all,
I’m one of the server side developers on WorkFu and I thought I would step in and answer your question about the site.
The web app part of the site is indeed written in .NET MVC and Walter is right in saying it’s a step on from .NET forms. It’s a framework modelled on Rails and it’s really nice to develop in if you know C# (or even Java) as it’s quick to build in and runs very fast. It’s also one of MS’s open source projects so it’s certainly not evil :wink:

Glad to see you like WorkFu - we certainly put a lot of work into the front end to make it fully responsive - far more than we could on a client budget really.
Once you have signed up it won’t contact you - you will need to login again and check out what’s going on - there are now loads of really good opportunities on there from some big and small companies.
Thanks for checking it out anyway and hope to see more of you sign up if you have time! It’s not all about jobs either - that is just one element…


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Pete,

As I said previously, nice work to all involved! It’s really a beautiful piece of craftsmanship all around. Of course, from the comments on Twitter I’m not the only one who thinks so.

I signed up early but I haven’t yet found any work, though admittedly I haven’t kept up with it. Still, I always enjoy signing in and using it.

Todd
http://xiiro.com
Twitter: @ImXiiro

On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:24 PM, Pete Nelson wrote:

Hey all,
I’m one of the server side developers on WorkFu and I thought I would step in and answer your question about the site.
The web app part of the site is indeed written in .NET MVC and Walter is right in saying it’s a step on from .NET forms. It’s a framework modelled on Rails and it’s really nice to develop in if you know C# (or even Java) as it’s quick to build in and runs very fast. It’s also one of MS’s open source projects so it’s certainly not evil :wink:

Glad to see you like WorkFu - we certainly put a lot of work into the front end to make it fully responsive - far more than we could on a client budget really.
Once you have signed up it won’t contact you - you will need to login again and check out what’s going on - there are now loads of really good opportunities on there from some big and small companies.
Thanks for checking it out anyway and hope to see more of you sign up if you have time! It’s not all about jobs either - that is just one element…


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for the kind words - hope you do find what you want on the platform soon.

We are working on yet further exciting functionalities and beautiful front ends so hope you do keep coming back and refer it to your friends!

Thanks
Pete


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options