Xway Integration

I used to use Showcase with Freeway to create slideshows on my website http://ralphbergmanphotography.ca/landscape.html

I’m now trying Exhibio (the Bloxx Theme) with Xway. Is there any way to control the number of thumbnails or the spacing between thumbnails that appear when Exhibio is imported into Xway? When I click the web preview button I see one thing, then when I go to Preview via the file menu, I see something else on the browser, similar but more images stretched across the page. I have tried changing the dimensions of the component but nothing seems to change. Showcase on Freeway seemed to have much more precision and control than Exhibio on Xway at least so far. I’m trying to replicate as much as possible what I achieved with Showcase on Freeway.

I like the slideshow action in the browser of the Thumblie theme but I prefer the thumbnail grid arrangement of the Bloxx theme. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Ralph,

I’ve taken a quick look at a Bloxx gallery and one of its features is that it is flexible. This is actually a good thing, because it means that people can view the gallery on different devices (computers, tablets, mobiles etc.) without having to scroll horizontally.

It’s possible that you can force the gallery to have a fixed width by editing a CSS file, and one of my colleagues could advise you on how to do this, but a fixed-width gallery is not very mobile-friendly - so you would risk alienating visitors who use a mobile device to visit your website. That’s actually the majority of website visitors these days.

An alternative to making the gallery have a fixed width might be to give it a maximum width (again, this would probably require a CSS edit). This would allow the gallery to be mobile-friendly, but would restrict the number of images that are displayed horizontally on desktops and/or tablets.

Jeremy

Thanks for all that information. I suppose what I really want is a combo theme that combines all of the possible actions that Exhibio allows separately in it’s various “Themes”. Personally, I would pay for something possibly called Total Gallery that did this. Really Showcase brought up to date.

···

Ralph Bergman

Lion’s Tooth Consultancy
823688 Massie Road
Chatsworth ON
N0H 1G0

cell (226) 668-2251

www.ralphbergmanphotography.ca