Xway user guide

Hello -

I have used Freeway for several years, and recently downloaded Xway to begin the process of learning the new program. I have been working through the tutorial, which has been helpful.

However, I am not able to access the User Guide. When I try to open it from the app, I get a dialog which says the following:

"The file “Xway User Guide.pdf” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.”

I have searched my computer for the file named “Xway User Guide.pdf” and it does not appear to exist.

Is there a way that the user guide can be downloaded directly? I don’t see any option on the website to do this.

I am running Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2020 Macbook Pro.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Ken McKinley

Hi Ken,

The Xway User Guide is included within Xway’s application package, so it won’t show up separately (e.g. in the Finder).

You could open the application package, but it’s better if you fix your permission problem. It’s possible that this is caused by Apple’s quarantine technology. This can create problems if you run an application from the directory where you downloaded it.

Is Xway within your Applications folder? If not, try dragging it there. If it is, try dragging it out and then put it back in there.

Jeremy

FYI
my xway is in applications folder. once I go to the Help menu and click on Xway User Guide. the pdf opens in a separate window which you then can go to save as and store on desktop for easy referral. but you’ll have to do this on every version of Xway as the user guide is updated as well
good luck

Carla Grande
Consultant & Website Designer
https://spiritidesign.com
917 621 5550

On Jul 23, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Jeremy Hughes <email@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ken,

The Xway User Guide is included within Xway’s application package, so it won’t show up separately (e.g. in the Finder).

You could open the application package, but it’s better if you fix your permission problem. It’s possible that this is caused by Apple’s quarantine technology. This can create problems if you run an application from the directory where you downloaded it.

Is Xway within your Applications folder? If not, try dragging it there. If it is, try dragging it out and then put it back in there.

Jeremy

Jeremy -

Thanks for your very prompt reply.

Just moved the app to the application folder, and that worked.

Thanks again.

Ken

On Jul 23, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Jeremy Hughes <email@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ken,

Jeremy