Personally I would deliver this using the Flash video (.flv) format simply because of the plug-in coverage (as previously mentioned).
You can still use the YouTube action to deliver your video but you just need to tweak the code slightly to stop YouTube from offering related videos. Here’s how;
- Add the action to your page as normal
- Enter the YouTube video reference code in the action
- Make sure the page is exactly how you want it (the next step will lock you out of Freeway’s visual design mode)
- Add the Source Code Snooper action to the parent page (action available from http://www.freewayactions.com/product.php?id=015))
- Publish your site
- In the Source Code Snooper action palette click on the Edit button
- Look for the line of code that looks like this;
FW_WriteObject(“http://www.youtube.com/v/Zcc8gE54Md8&autoplay=1”, “425”, “350”, “”, “false”, “flash” , “MovingItem”, “”, “loop”, “true”, “play”, “true”, “quality”, “autohigh”);
8. Add the following code after the end of ‘autoplay=1’;
so (in my example) it reads;
FW_WriteObject(“http://www.youtube.com/v/Zcc8gE54Md8&autoplay=1&rel=0”, “425”, “350”, “”, “false”, “flash” , “MovingItem”, “”, “loop”, “true”, “play”, “true”, “quality”, “autohigh”);
(I’m sending this through using e-mail so shout if the formatting gets messed up in the forum).
This basically tells YouTube to show zero related videos. Maybe this and the autoplay options could be incorporated into a future version of the action?
On 7 Aug 2008, at 10:48, Carla wrote:
Hello again Tim and everyone. I used the you tube action and it worked great although the related videos are also included and I can’t seem to resolve that issue so I have to go another route and upload the video myself.
which is best to load quickly and how can I do this…
QT or .flv
how to upload onto freeway
FreewayActions.com - Freeware and shareware actions for Freeway Express & Pro.
Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com