youtube pro action

Hello guys! I hope you well!

I got a problem trying to use the “youtube pro” action. The regular “youtube” action works like a charm, but has limited features. I install and did the same process with the pro version, copied the movie URL and pasted it into the 'movie number" space on the action menu, and can’t even see the video on the page…?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marcus


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I think that you will find it is the ID of the movie you want to paste in there not the URL

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you David. I didn’t find any Instructions for this action on actionsforge, however the one I found for the regular old version of YouTube action says that the movie ID is actually the same URL which includes a ID at the end. How do I locate the movie ID correctly or how it should look like. The weird thing is that the URL I used on the regular action worked.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

M

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2011, at 1:42 PM, “DeltaDave” email@hidden wrote:

I think that you will find it is the ID of the movie you want to paste in there not the URL

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

In this example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ06xMxMprU&feature=player_embedded

The Movie Number is the code after the equals sign = and before the ampersand &

ie jZ06xMxMprU

So in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp_hjP8p5_k&feature=player_embedded

It would be Lp_hjP8p5_k

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ll try it later. As always, thanks for helping!
Marcus

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2011, at 7:10 PM, “DeltaDave” email@hidden wrote:

In this example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ06xMxMprU&feature=player_embedded

The Movie Number is the code after the equals sign = and before the ampersand &

ie jZ06xMxMprU

So in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp_hjP8p5_k&feature=player_embedded

It would be Lp_hjP8p5_k

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That was a dirty trick…

You knew we would watch the video!

:slight_smile:

Frank

On Mar 20, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Marcus V Do Carmo wrote:

I’ll try it later. As always, thanks for helping!
Marcus

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2011, at 7:10 PM, “DeltaDave” email@hidden wrote:

In this example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ06xMxMprU&feature=player_embedded

The Movie Number is the code after the equals sign = and before the ampersand &

ie jZ06xMxMprU

So in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp_hjP8p5_k&feature=player_embedded

It would be Lp_hjP8p5_k

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Dave,

I’ve just tried this action, placed it on the page, entered a YouTube
code as you suggest below.

I use Click to Flash, press the [YouTube / Flash] logo in the middle of
the grey screen.

It then comes up with the standard YouTube window in black with this
message in the middle:

 "Embedding disabled by request"
 "Watch on YouTube"

Clicking “Watch on YouTube” in my case opens a new tab with the YouTube
website page.

Any idea what i need to do to play the YT video on my page?


DeltaDave mailto:email@hidden
20 March 2011 23:10

In this example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ06xMxMprU&feature=player_embedded

The Movie Number is the code after the equals sign = and before the
ampersand &

ie jZ06xMxMprU

So in this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp_hjP8p5_k&feature=player_embedded

It would be Lp_hjP8p5_k

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Marcus V Do Carmo mailto:email@hidden
20 March 2011 19:37

Thank you David. I didn’t find any Instructions for this action on
actionsforge, however the one I found for the regular old version of
YouTube action says that the movie ID is actually the same URL which
includes a ID at the end. How do I locate the movie ID correctly or
how it should look like. The weird thing is that the URL I used on the
regular action worked.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

M

Sent from my iPhone


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Best wishes Peter

Peter Tucker . Oxford, UK . email@hidden


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

You can’t override this. This is a setting that the author made when
uploading the file to YT, and you have to respect that. (Where by
respect I mean you don’t have any choice in the matter.)

Walter

On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Peter Tucker wrote:

“Embedding disabled by request”
“Watch on YouTube”


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options