FW issues with macOs Sierra

Civil Engineering apps for use on construction sites!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

On 22 Sep 2016, 12:23 pm, Iain Mackenzie wrote:

Civil Engineering apps for use on construction sites!

Sorry, should have said, they are for iOS not Mac.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

BR #28431816 submitted.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

“BR #28431816 submitted.”
Submitted to Apple, you mean?

If so, what should the rest of us do if we find similar problems? If we should report something to Apple, what specifically should we write in our report? We should mainly mentioned the past bug number that Jeremy Hughes mentioned previously here?

I would think the more people reporting the same bug to Apple, the better chance of it getting fixed within a reasonable time frame.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes, to Apple.

If you come across issues, then just report what you see. The more the merrier, I guess.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi James,

If so, what should the rest of us do if we find similar problems? If we should report something to Apple, what specifically should we write in our report? We should mainly mentioned the past bug number that Jeremy Hughes mentioned previously here?

I wouldn’t bother referencing the bug number that I mentioned - that was a bug in the El Capitan betas which Apple fixed.

The new problems are similar, but I don’t think you’ll get Apple’s attention if they mark them as duplicates of a bug that they fixed previously.

I would think the more people reporting the same bug to Apple, the better chance of it getting fixed within a reasonable time frame.

True - Apple have said that they prioritise bugs that are reported by more than one person.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jeremy and Iain,

The only worry I have about my reporting the problem to Apple is that I myself am not yet seeing the problem on my Mac. And since Apple always wants a System Profile to be sent with bug reports, I would be reporting something that somebody else has experienced, rendering my own System Profile moot. The only thing I am seeing is a coloration mismatch, but that isn’t causing problems for me. The problems others are reporting are that in addition to the color mismatch problem, UI elements in that graphic import dialog are overlapping eachother, rendering the hidden elements unusable.

It still seems strange that only some of us are experiencing the overlapping elements. For those of you who have that problem, could you please change your screen resolution, then launch Freeway and see if that makes a difference or otherwise solves the problem?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

James, good idea. I’m away for the weekend, but I’ll do it when I get back on Monday.

As I reported earlier, I have other issues as well. They relate to selecting folders and files.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The ‘traffic light’ window management buttons don’t work any more on my set-up – the close, hide and expand document window ones.

3.2 GHz 27" late 2013 iMac, 16GB ram.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ian, quit Freeway and then change your screen resolution and see if that fixes the problem or alters it in any way, then please report back here.

Thanks,

James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 24 Sep 2016, 7:46 am, Iain Mackenzie wrote:

James, good idea. I’m away for the weekend, but I’ll do it when I get back on Monday.

As I reported earlier, I have other issues as well. They relate to selecting folders and files.

James, I tried with a lower res display 1600x900, and the issues were the same.

Good theory though!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Interesting… changing to 2048 x 1152 from 2560 x 1440 allows the buttons to work as they should.

Changing back to the native 2560 x 1440 again, allows the buttons to work also, but with occasional ‘misfires’. In general:

1. So long as you keep Freeway running, the buttons work after switching resolution.
  2. If you quit Freeway, and then reopen a document, the buttons misfire, but by clicking within the button at slightly differing positions, you’ll usually find a sweet spot that triggers them. Command-W works as expected.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The buttons all work OK with me!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If “buttons all work OK” then what is broken?

–James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry James, I don’t know what you mean. What is broken is all the stuff I have reported on several times!

Re buttons, I was simply reporting that I am not experiencing any of the issues reported by Ian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Understood.

So Iain has dialog box troubles that won’t go away even after changing screen resolutions.

Ian has seen an improvement after changing resolution, albeit you must keep Freeway open.

I myself have not experienced dialog box issues on my non-Retina iMac.

Conclusion: We need more user feedback and data. Folks, if you are out there lurking and have updated to Sierra, please test Freeway, change resolutions, and report back here.

Thanks,

James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

James, are you aware that Ian is talking about the traffic lights? Not related to the other reported issues at all.

(Just in case there was any misunderstanding!)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes, I am aware he is dealing with traffic lights, but I am unsure if that bug is related to theOS bug that is afflicting you in the graphic import dialog (the bug which Jeremy Hughes mentioned).

–James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks James, I was just checking!

It’s not just the file import box, it’s all file dialogue boxes. Selecting files and folders is very difficult and inconsistent in all boxes.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Iain,

Default Folder X (which I use) has a 30 day free trial. If you have time and are willing, you might want to install it and see if that changes things. Even if it doesn’t, it’s really great software and worth having.

http://stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/

–James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden