iFrame content height

I’ve got a relative site with a page intended to display customer comments within an iFrame that references a basic page ( around 2000 pixels high) that containing the comments. The source page

I dropped a markup item inside the HTML box and set the following:

While the div fills the width of the iFrame as desired, it ignores the height setting and displays a window of only 150 pixels high.

I’ve tried various settings for the source object, including setting width and height to fixed 100%, available, flexible, etc., but I can’t get it to display any higher than 150 pixels in the iFrame.

What is causing this and how do I force the iframe to fill the height of the box?

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

What is causing this and how do I force the iframe to fill the height of the box?

Can you post a link to your example page online.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Dave,

source page:

Thanks!

– TY

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Dave - note that I had fixed the quote mark and space code right after posting the above.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

100% is not a valid “height” attribute in HTML. You need to use a pixel value in that attribute, or use CSS, where you can use the percentage-size attributes. This will appear the way you want:

<iframe src="http://example.com/index.html" style="height: 100%; width: 100%; border: none"></iframe>

Walter

On Feb 13, 2017, at 12:51 PM, Trey Yancy email@hidden wrote:

I’ve got a relative site with a page intended to display customer comments within an iFrame that references a basic page ( around 2000 pixels high) that containing the comments. The source page

While the div fills the width of the iFrame as desired, it ignores the height setting and displays a window of only 150 pixels high.

I’ve tried various settings for the source object, including setting width and height to fixed 100%, available, flexible, etc., but I can’t get it to display any higher than 150 pixels in the iFrame.

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Also, remember that 100% always calls into question “100% OF WHAT?”. You need to remember that setting content to 100% will not cause the parent container to grow in height or width unless it is also sized flexibly. A 100% height child element of a box 300px tall will also be 300px.

Walter

On Feb 13, 2017, at 5:30 PM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

100% is not a valid “height” attribute in HTML. You need to use a pixel value in that attribute, or use CSS, where you can use the percentage-size attributes. This will appear the way you want:

Walter

On Feb 13, 2017, at 12:51 PM, Trey Yancy email@hidden wrote:

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks. Originally I used the style tag but had the same result. I’ll review my original code.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

This is totally screwy. Here’s the code in the markup item:

Here’s the error message (displayed in a box at the default size of 300 x 150)

The requested URL /_ConsumerSite2017/”http://ohair.com/_ConsumerSite2017/_commentsource.html” was not found on this server.

Naturally, I clear the cache before each time I check the result.

Note the junk. I assume that this is being corrupted by FW. The document is set to HTML 4.01 transitional. I don’t know where the †is coming from, nor the fragment of the URL at the start.

After trying all sorts of things, the best I could achieve was a box displaying the correct content but only at the desired width and 150 pixels high or displaying the correct content in a box 300x150.

Sorry to bug you, but this should be very easy.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I wonder if the copy and paste is trying to insert curly quotes…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve beaten this thing to death, including pixel height, etc. The only other thing to explore is how this might be relating to the html box that the markup item is placed.

I’m going to paste in all the content and set it to scroll and forget about displaying the page in an iframe.

Thanks, anyway.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Another thing that is affecting the display is the inclusion of a

tag that wraps the iFrame.

If you go back to the iFrame try using the Remove paragraph Tags action on its parent container.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, Dave.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Trey
I know you have probably fixed this now but doing this sort of thing using an iFrame may be a bit heavy handed. Have you thought about just extracting the content of the specific div and then adding that content to the target div using query.

I can’t work out exactly what you are trying to do but I am assuming you are copying the content from a flexible div on one page and mirroring that on another via an iframe?

If that is the case then you could use jQuery to copy the content of that div and add it to the new page it also means you can treat and style the target div in a normal css way e.g. flexible. it would also mean you have real seo content instead of a great black iFrame hole.

Ive got some examples some where if needed

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, Max.

I used to be a major scripting hound back in the days of Director / Lingo but my career path moved me out of scripting some years back and I never learned JS / JQ. I’m not allowed to hire any staff, so I can’t set aside the time to learn the stuff I should be on top of.

What I built for this is a long page with a basic layout for a bunch of customer comments - inline divs with art to the left and text to the right. Whenever we receive a new customer comment I dupe a div and drop in the text. The result would be displayed in a scrolling window on a public page on the site. This would ideally be served by some sort of SQL system or whatever.

If there is some code somewhere that I could easily adapt, I would be interested, but this is just one page and the knuckle-dragger solution of dropping the above into a scrolling div with a fixed height does the job.

The FW forum folk are among the best I’ve ever seen and are always very helpful. Thank you for your generous offer.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

https://infinit.io/_/H5Qw3wc

freeway file and action

please note its a VERY BASIC action all you need to do is apply it to a div,
choose the location of the original page and copy the specific div name via copying and pasting from the inspector palette into the original name field.
and then copying the name of the target div via the inspector palette and pasting that into the target field

all the best max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Max - I think they should name a medal of merit after you.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

if you can use it then glad it helps
all the best Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is there something else that needs to be in place?

What I get is the following at the top of the page:

window.onload = function () { $(document).ready(function($) { $(‘#displaydiv’).load(‘source.html #sourcediv2’); }); }

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

umm have you used the action?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

It is easy - simple instructions. Here’s a screen shot. First I tried it with the actual content - the source being a div containing a group of divs, each with an art item and some text. The second was plain text.

Here’s a screen shot:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden