[Pro] css menu - hamburger not working anymore

Hi there,

on a clients website the hamburger menu is not working anymore. The menu is not showing up while mouseover the hamburger button. This a very sudden behavior. I have no clue at all. Can you please give me an idea, how to solve this?

I made some minor changes at the site recently, I cant remember exactly if it was still with FW 7.13. But this is made with FW 7.14.

I upgraded recently my Mac from Yosemite to High Sierra 10.12.5.

Website Link

Thanks a lot, Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The menu is not showing up when CLICKING the hamburger button.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The hamburger worked probably with FW 7.1.2… Unfortunatly I have deleted the app while upgrading. So I cannot test it now. Where can I get 7.1.2. again as download on softpress website?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Holy shit, I opened another FW 7.1.3. site with FW 7.1.4. and the hamburger does not work either.

That’s very bad news. And I still dont know where it comes from.
Something I made wrong (questionable), a FW error or an error because of high sierra?

1. Please Softpress, where can I download earlier FW Versions? I need urgently 7.1.2. and 7.1.3. for testing and reupload of an earlier version of the site.

My client has a professional business, she depends on her website and the hamburger navigation on mobiles.

• I tried to rebuild the menu, but with no success.
  • In other browsers or iPhone the hamburger does not work either

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I confirm that the link isn’t working for me on my iPhone 6 running the latest iOS.

However, my own sites built with 7.1.4 and using the CSS Menus action are working fine.

Perhaps there is a problem with positioning on the small pages?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

To download the ‘old’ Freeway, just change the filename of the current download file from 714 into the 712 release …

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you Grant and Richard for the Downloads.

It is strange. I did some quick testing.

The hamburger menu works with a new fresh FW document in FW7.1.4.! Good news.

It is not working in FW 7.1.4. with the existing file of my client and the previous version of the file made with FW 7.1.2. either. I also dublicated the file and made a new archive with no luck.

It is not working with another existing project (other client) made with FW7.1.3 too.

Any idea what else I can try?
Or how I can fastest get the sites working again?

I am hopeless stuck.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hanna,

are you sure that something hasn’t gone out of position for the breakpoints on the 7.1.4 document? I had problems when designing my first document in FW7, with CS Menus, which I use vertically (not ideal) and sometimes, when moving things around, the menu was no longer being governed by the overall breakpoints because I had inadvertently moved something with another breakpoint selected and so it would stop working. I recall occasional problems with the burger menu.

FWIW … what I would do, is make a copy of the document, so you leave your existing document untouched for the moment, then try some radical moves on the copy, deleting elements, deleting all non-standard breakpoints and re-applying the the standard breakpoints until you finally work out what has broken. Then go back in to your original and fix it. :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I should also add, that my document started in FW 7.0, so it’s been through all the updates.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Grant,
Thank you very much. But I haven’t touched anything near the menu, which is placed in the master. It was intact in FW 7.1.2. so positioning should be ok. ( But who knows what was changed in the next versions of FW….?)
There must be something wrong perhaps with the connection to the fwResponsiveMenus.js I suppose, although I don’t know how to restore/rebuild it / the connection within an existing document. As I said with a blanc new FW doc it works ok. But perhaps the error occurs because of something else….

Has anyone got an idea perhaps. What to try, what to leave?

I truly miss the FW support!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

When you get a missing resource, the first easy steps are these:

1. From the main menu, choose Edit / Resources, then click ( Resample All ) Then publish and upload.

2. Locate your Site Folder (set in the Document Setup dialog, middle of the first pane). This is the folder on your Mac where Freeway publishes the site files before uploading them to the server. Open that folder in Finder, and delete all contents (this is safe, I swear). Back in Freeway, publish (which will re-publish everything) and upload. This can re-establish the connection between Action-published files and Freeway’s understanding of the files that need to be uploaded.

Try these steps in the order given, and stop after the first one that works.

Walter

On Jul 18, 2017, at 10:44 AM, star-lights email@hidden wrote:

Hi Grant,
Thank you very much. But I haven’t touched anything near the menu, which is placed in the master. It was intact in FW 7.1.2. so positioning should be ok. ( But who knows what was changed in the next versions of FW….?)
There must be something wrong perhaps with the connection to the fwResponsiveMenus.js I suppose, although I don’t know how to restore/rebuild it / the connection within an existing document. As I said with a blanc new FW doc it works ok. But perhaps the error occurs because of something else….

Has anyone got an idea perhaps. What to try, what to leave?

I truly miss the FW support!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank you very much Walter,
but no luck at all :frowning:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Unfortunatly my problem remains: The mouseover at the mobile navigation button does not show the menu.

The hamburger menu works generally fine with a new fresh document in FW 7.1.4. (!).

It does not work:

• in the FW 7.1.4. file of my client and the previous version of the file made with FW 7.1.2. either!

• I also dublicated the file with no luck.

• I made a new archive also with no luck.

• I removed .fwNav1-toggle-label { width: 50px; height: 50px; } that was to size up the button, no change at all.

• It is not working in another existing project (other client) made with FW7.1.3. and FW7.1.4. too !!!

These files were originaly made with FW 7.1.2.

I really like to avoid to build up these websites again in FW! It would cost me days, even weeks. Copy the pages in a new document is not a good solution either, I loose the connections to the master page.

Please, does anyone have other ideas, how to get the navigation button working again?
Thanks a lot,
Hanna

website link

FW file Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/auk7kpoelsq6q7n/AAAyGPITw9Kj9R5IRI8NyvLsa?dl=0

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I guess you got this fixed? It’s working fine for me.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Hanna, can’t see any issue either in Firefox… All seems to work
correct.

Andries

2017-07-29 8:28 GMT+02:00 grantsymon email@hidden:

I guess you got this fixed? It’s working fine for me.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Andries, thank you for testing. I had to build up the whole website again. I could not let my client wait any longer. So the rebulid is online since yesterday.

The problem is NOT solved at all!

I have another website - a much bigger & complex - of another client that shows the same problem. The time I need to rebuild is unpayed of course. Days. It is really annoying. I miss a proper support from Softpress. How can I work professionally when there are no “backup” guys who know the programm in the deep and can help out?

Its more or less a year that Softpress quit and there is no gurentee when & how Softpress will return with support or a new application. Will we be able to use the old FW documents? Who knows. I still feel uncertain.

I decided last autum to change to Adobe Muse and will NOT return to FW X. Muse fits very well into my workflows with illustrator and indesign. I just pay 59€ for ALL Adobe applications per month. Even photoshop. I need them anyway because I work for firms/clients who work with it.

Muse is not perfect (which App is?), but I like it an got used to it. It gives me more freedom in design like in the old days when I started with FW 3.5… Sure there are limits in responsive design, but this is how it is nowadays.
With Adobe I expect a stable future, I cannot have such a “breackdown” like FW had again. I am generally an optimistic person, but with FW I feel less optimistic than many people here.

In the end the “breakdown” forced my to think about my workflows, open my mind for new applications and found a very good solution. New doors opened and still do. New clients and possibilities came too. All positive.

But I leave FW and the community with deep regrets…
I wish all the guys here good luck!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

… and I am still very grateful for the best community ever and all the people that helped out so selflessly.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Hanna, still on Muse nowadays and use FW only with excisting (non
responsive) sites built in FW

Send you another mail

Grtz
Andries

2017-07-29 12:57 GMT+02:00 sonjanna email@hidden:

… and I am still very grateful for the best community ever and all the
people that helped out so selflessly.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Have you tried deleting every instance of the menu action in your Freeway file? This will make sure any cached versions are removed from your file. Then reapply the current action which you know works elsewhere and see if that makes any difference. I’ve been caught out before with the remnants of an older action stopping an updated one from running properly.

Gordon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden