[Pro] css menu - hamburger not working anymore

Hanna,

whenever I have a problem that I cannot diagnose easily, this is how I find out what is going wrong. This holds true for any software problem:

(Firstly, you could just try trashing everything in your Site Folder, then preview in your browser. This will completely rebuild the Site Folder). If this doesn’t work …

Make a copy of your file.
Delete half of the elements then preview in the browser.
If the problem still exists, delete half of the remaining elements, then preview … Repeat this process until you are left with only your css menu. If you are left only with the css menu and it is still not working then something may be wrong with the action itself.

However, it is unlikely that you will end up with only the menu, so …

After deleting some items and finding that the problem is resolved, close your document without saving. Re-open it and remembering what group of items you deleted that resolved the problem (screen-grabs can help here) delete half of those items.

Repeat this process until you have narrowed down the possibilities to the item that is causing the problem.

If none of the items are causing the problem, close/re-open without saving (so that you have your document remains in its up-to-date, finished state as usual) and try deleting all your markup, preview and see if the problem is resolved.

Basically, by working through by deleting large chunks of 50% of items or markup at a time, you can very quickly establish what is causing the problem.

I think it is highly unlikely that you will delete everything until the css menu item is the only thing on the page and it still doesn’t publish correctly.

Once you’ve resolved the problem, you can re-open your original document and make the necessary changes. I can’t imagine this process taking more than an hour at most.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: