[Pro] EASIEST and QUICKEST alternative

Hey guys,

Softpress closing up shop has left us all in a lurch and I suspect we will each find our own way to muddle through just fine. But in the transition it is rough. TomBliss, I don’t know you, but I see some of my own experience in yours. I started in web design by doing freebie websites for friends and family. I’m also dyslexic, btw. Through FW and the helpful people on this forum, I’ve managed to put some work together I’m proud of even though I’m learning more and more every day.

One piece of advice I have for you is to see if you can get your hands on a copy of FW 5.5. I’m not sure how to go about it, but it is a safer jump from 4 - 5.5, than 5 - 7.whatever. I’m running El Capitan and I have two versions of FW installed side by side, the latest and 5.5 for my old sites that do not warrant rebuilding or recreating to make responsive (that’s the fancy word for the “shrink to fit iPhone thing,” btw). FW 5.5 runs just fine w/ El Capitan.

I was always grateful for this backward compatibility, but I’ve also wondered if it contributed to the demise of FW. From what I understand, supporting legacy software is a real pain and tends to hold back development.

Good luck to you.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: