[Pro] Freeway 7 and Mac OS X High Sierra

Per Jeremy, I did the following test on my 5K iMac running High Sierra 10.13.2 and Freeway Pro 7 (latest):

1. Launch FW Pro.
  2. New Doc.
  3. Sketch an HTML box.
  4. CMD-E to import.
  5. Mine is normally in LIST VIEW so no problem, but if I click COLUMN VIEW the checkboxes and fields all vanish and all the text seems to get fuzzy.
  6. Switching back to LIST VIEW does NOT fix the problem.
  7. If I now click CANCEL, then CMD-E again, because it’s back in LIST VIEW again, all is well in the dialog box. But if I switch to COLUMN view again, it breaks again.
  8. Interestingly, if I now leave it in COLUMN VIEW and click CANCEL, then CMD-E again, the dialog opens in COLUMN VIEW and ALL IS WELL! Switching to LIST VIEW is fine too.

So it seems that the problem appears when you are not already in LIST VIEW and you switch to COLUMN VIEW.

Anyway, I love DEFAULT FOLDER and have used it for years (decades?). To me, it’s down right foolish to be forced to dig down into folders with a dialog box open, hunting around for a file to open. It’s totally stupid that after all these years MacOS doesn’t offer what Default Folder offers – the power to snag the file I need it pretty much a single click. That’s right. Say I have a folder window open in the Finder, where the file I want to manipulate is saved. I open an app, then do File/Open. With Default Folder installed, all I need to do is just hover my arrow cursor over where that open folder window is in the Finder, then it highlights, then I click it, then that folder appears in the Open dialog and with a single click I can open my file! It’s truly brilliant! I therefore absolutely hate it when I get on a Mac that lacks Default Folder and I have to waste time manually digging down into folders to find things. This is especially important when you have 12 nested folders! Default Folder is truly a must have utility!

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: