[Pro] Freeway Alternative part 2 (Muse).

Barry,

Although this thread is centered on Muse (and its lovely rentware subscription model), I strongly suggest you follow what’s going on with Blocs too:

I’ve been helping out with Beta testing and contributing feature requests and posting in their forum. I don’t use Blocs now, but if a brand new version of Freeway never comes to be, I must be prepared.

I couldn’t care if Muse could read my mind and spit out a glorious web page automatically, there’s no way I’m going to rent software forever. That’s why I’ve been looking at alternatives. Blocs has a lot of promise, not just because it is a very simple and straightforward way to design for the web, but because it’s developer really listens to people who provide feedback AND the man is lightening fast when it comes to bug fixes and feature additions.

Because I have extensive experience with Freeway, both in using its tools and experiencing its limitations (responsive web design is too hard in Freeway), it’s easier for me to see how Blocs can be improved. That’s why I contribute to making it better even though I don’t yet use it for web design. That is also what I’ve done with Serif apps too. They’re still missing too many features for me to ditch existing apps now, but I bought Affinity Photo and Designer so I could test, offer feedback and support the company who will one day, I hope, unseat Adobe as king of bitmap and vector design.

With that said, I do hope a new version of Freeway sees the light of day. I won’t give up on Freeway until I see the very last nail enter the coffin.

Best wishes,

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: