[Pro] FWP 7 and macOS 10.13 issue

Just to be clear: most people are running the latest upgrades of Sierra with the latest Freeway without issues?

Greg LeRoy

Address for Mail:
Box 540381
Houston, TX 77254 USA

Address for Packages:
1302 Waugh Dr#132
Houston, TX 77019 USA

www.houstonapt.com
email@hidden
Cell: 713-320-3090
VM: 713-526-3050
Fax: 713-521-0333

On Oct 3, 2017, at 12:27 PM, Caleb Grove email@hidden wrote:

I don’t have this issue, and I’m running a base model late 2013 rMBP. Graphics are Intel Iris 1536 MB.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Mine is a retina Mac and I seem to recall that last year’s issue also related to them. Do they use different graphics cards or drivers? I’ve got a Radeon Pro 580.

All the best

Gordon
http://www.gordonlow.net/



freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

On 3 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm, Greg LeRoy wrote:

Just to be clear: most people are running the latest upgrades of Sierra with the latest Freeway without issues?

I presume you mean High Sierra.

Seems about 50/50 of the people who have post here and elsewhere.

I wonder if it is a retina iMac thing. Does anyone with the problem NOT have a retina iMac?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

My apologies for the confusion.

I wanted to know if generally everyone is having success with latest version of Freeway while using the latest combo update of just Sierra (not high Sierra).

I wasted three hours trying to get El Capitan on VMFusion to work with Freeway, with no reliable success. I don’t want to try that again, but as I only have one MAC and dozens of apps, I also don’t want to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra unless the general consensus is that it is likely to work.

Currently my machine is flawless with El Capitan & Freeway, but I do like to keep relatively current.

As I don’t follow this list faithfully I was hoping to get a consensus opinion whether it’s safe to upgrade to Sierra.

TIA

greg

Greg LeRoy

Address for Mail:
Box 540381
Houston, TX 77254 USA

Address for Packages:
1302 Waugh Dr#132
Houston, TX 77019 USA

www.houstonapt.com
email@hidden
Cell: 713-320-3090
VM: 713-526-3050
Fax: 713-521-0333

On Oct 3, 2017, at 1:54 PM, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

On 3 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm, Greg LeRoy wrote:

Just to be clear: most people are running the latest upgrades of Sierra with the latest Freeway without issues?

I presume you mean High Sierra.

Seems about 50/50 of the people who have post here and elsewhere.

I wonder if it is a retina iMac thing. Does anyone with the problem NOT have a retina iMac?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Greg,

I had no problems at all with Sierra current build. In fact, I have to use it in a VM to allow to have a functioning Freeway!

I haven’t heard of anyone else reporting any issues either in the later builds.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Thanks so much for the response, Ian.

On Oct 3, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

Greg,

I had no problems at all with Sierra current build. In fact, I have to use it in a VM to allow to have a functioning Freeway!

I haven’t heard of anyone else reporting any issues either in the later builds.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Sierra never cause any issues for me.

Now Freeway has an issue on High Sierra as mentioned where the lower part of the window when importing media blacks out. That’s about it. Oh, and Adobe CS6 didn’t survive the upgrade. But that’s fine with me … I bought myself copies of Affinity Designer and Photo. Still hoping for Affinity Publisher to arrive as well.

There’s plenty of really good and reliable software out there that won’t rob you from you’re last penny …


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Richard,

Freeway had issues with Sierra in the first couple of dot releases, and yes, Affinity Publisher is still scheduled for beta release this year.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’ve been using Photoshop CS6 in High Sierra and so far haven’t come across any problems. InDesign and Illustrator also fire up fine but I haven’t had a chance to do much with them so far. I agree that going down the Affinity route in the future is most likely the best option as I’m not prepared to ‘rent’ software.

All the best

Gordon
http://www.gordonlow.net/


On 3 Oct 2017, at 10:03pm, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

Sierra never cause any issues for me.

Now Freeway has an issue on High Sierra as mentioned where the lower part of the window when importing media blacks out. That’s about it. Oh, and Adobe CS6 didn’t survive the upgrade. But that’s fine with me … I bought myself copies of Affinity Designer and Photo. Still hoping for Affinity Publisher to arrive as well.

There’s plenty of really good and reliable software out there that won’t rob you from you’re last penny …


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

On 4 Oct 2017, 8:58 am, Gordon Low wrote:

I agree that going down the Affinity route in the future is most likely the best option as I’m not prepared to ‘rent’ software.

Yep, I uninstalled all CS products about 18 months ago in favour of Affinity products, and have never regretted it for 1 second!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The Mac that it’s failing on for me is a 2011 PowerBook.

Also, would heartily recommend Affinity Photo and Designer. Would love it if Freeway could import those files native!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi there,
can someone tell me perhaps if in earlier versions of FW (5 +6) the import function is broken too in High Sierra? I still have a few old websites of clients who never liked to change/upgrade to 7. Most of these websites are in FW 6. Little changes are still possible in Sierra without any problems.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

On 4 Oct 2017, 9:18 am, Iain Mackenzie wrote:

On 4 Oct 2017, 8:58 am, Gordon Low wrote:

I agree that going down the Affinity route in the future is most likely the best option as I’m not prepared to ‘rent’ software.

Yep, I uninstalled all CS products about 18 months ago in favour of Affinity products, and have never regretted it for 1 second!

Same here. Perfect.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I have a late 2013 iMac and have installed High Sierra on an external drive so I can test Freeway 7.1.4 without disturbing my current set up.

I have found a number of similar events to others. When I want to import a picture into a graphic the initial window is there for doing so.
( I cannot put a screenshot on as I don’t know how to here!). If I select the picture I want to include the bottom part of the panel disappears, as with other users, but the ‘open’ button is still there and I can click on that and the picture appears in the graphic position I have selected.

When I did a preview the picture was there as expected. As this was in effect a new installation I then published the site. I then got a panel saying certain parts of ‘sequence timer’ panels were missing. I opened up the site in Firefox and found that none of my sequence timer/show hide layers worked any more. Also a large number of older galleries where I had used Showcase didn’t work anymore.

From this I assumed I wouldn’t be able to use Freeway in High Sierra.

Today I have applied the High Sierra incremental update and then opened Freeway to see if it made any difference. I found the bottom of the panel is still missing but again I can add the imports. I also found that I didn’t get any message when publishing the site and all my sequence timers and old Showcase galleries now work. I will not put HS on my main hard drive yet but the update does appear to have repaired the faults I was experiencing. Hopefully I will find no others. Has anyone else installed the update and found it improved the situation?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I applied the update, but it hasn’t improved the import dialog problem, which if you want to import pass-through images (for responsive work) is necessary as the check boxes vanish!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. One way around this is to import the graphic into an HTML box - in which case it will default to being pass-through.

Jeremy

On 13 Oct 2017, at 12:37, Paul email@hidden wrote:

I applied the update, but it hasn’t improved the import dialog problem, which if you want to import pass-through images (for responsive work) is necessary as the check boxes vanish!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Sadly not fixed here with 10.13.1.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There will be good news in the future. Can’t say any more because of NDA.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

hey all… just to add to the Sierra discussion…
I have MacBook Pro / touch bar with Sierra installed…and not one problem here on the FW build.
I am postponing upgrading to High Sierra until Im sure FW is in working order…


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Carla, you can always use Sierra in a VM within High Sierra - like I and others do - as a temporary solution.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: