[Pro] FWP 7 and macOS 10.13 issue

Thanks, Jeremy. I installed High Sierra on my MBP to see what the impact will be. The main production machine won’t get the update for a while.

FWIW, Adobe, Wacom and others have yet to issue High Sierra compatibility updates, so Illustrator and Photoshop users may well be high and dry if they update (or buy a new machine).

Clearly, the 64-bit cut off means that looking at setting up a virtual machine is a good idea. I do have my previous MBP, permanently stuck on 10.7.5. Just in case…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

@Jeremy Hughes Yes, the last 2 or 3 versions of OSX/macOS have had these issues, but they have been resolved in the public release. Not this time!

Also, wrt BRs, I have BRed this till I am blue in the face (almost!) over the last few months, and all I have received is a ‘Duplicate will be closed’ response, as well 'as ‘This issue has been fixed’. Needless to say, I was quick to point out that it has not!

Now, what I don’t understand here, is why most people are reporting having this issue, but some are not experiencing it. Why would that beI if Apple have tinkered with the Carbon file dialogues (again!), then you would expect everyone to have the issue.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Iain,

On 2 Oct 2017, at 17:35, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

@Jeremy Hughes Yes, the last 2 or 3 versions of OSX/macOS have had these issues, but they have been resolved in the public release. Not this time!

Not last time either. The problems in Sierra weren’t fixed until 10.12.12, as you reported in a previous message to this list (13 Dec 2016):

“OK guys, now that 10.12.2 has been released, hopefully you will all be happy that the issues we have talked about, here and elsewhere, have all disappeared!”

Also, wrt BRs, I have BRed this till I am blue in the face (almost!) over the last few months, and all I have received is a ‘Duplicate will be closed’ response, as well 'as ‘This issue has been fixed’. Needless to say, I was quick to point out that it has not!

Thanks for doing this. It doesn’t matter if a bug report is marked as a duplicate, because Apple keep track of how many times a bug has been reported and use that information to decide which bugs they should prioritise. It’s certainly helpful if you point out that a bug hasn’t been fixed when they claim that it has.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for that. My memory is clearly fading fast. I was sure it was fixed in the first release!

Why do you think some people are not seeing this issue?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Iain,

On 2 Oct 2017, at 18:05, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

Why do you think some people are not seeing this issue?

I don’t know. Maybe there is a hardware difference (graphics processor?) or some other difference in how their system is configured.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just been testing the freeway and 10.13 and its working fine, even the import, so I am assuming its a hardware as well as software related issue and I have a configuration that is not effected.
just for the record this is not a retina mac, so has any one checked to see if that the problem?

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

max, that’s quite possible. I have a late 2015 27" retina iMac. What about others with the issue?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I don’t have this issue, and I’m running a base model late 2013 rMBP. Graphics are Intel Iris 1536 MB.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just to be clear: most people are running the latest upgrades of Sierra with the latest Freeway without issues?

Greg LeRoy

Address for Mail:
Box 540381
Houston, TX 77254 USA

Address for Packages:
1302 Waugh Dr#132
Houston, TX 77019 USA

www.houstonapt.com
email@hidden
Cell: 713-320-3090
VM: 713-526-3050
Fax: 713-521-0333

On Oct 3, 2017, at 12:27 PM, Caleb Grove email@hidden wrote:

I don’t have this issue, and I’m running a base model late 2013 rMBP. Graphics are Intel Iris 1536 MB.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Mine is a retina Mac and I seem to recall that last year’s issue also related to them. Do they use different graphics cards or drivers? I’ve got a Radeon Pro 580.

All the best

Gordon
http://www.gordonlow.net/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 3 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm, Greg LeRoy wrote:

Just to be clear: most people are running the latest upgrades of Sierra with the latest Freeway without issues?

I presume you mean High Sierra.

Seems about 50/50 of the people who have post here and elsewhere.

I wonder if it is a retina iMac thing. Does anyone with the problem NOT have a retina iMac?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

My apologies for the confusion.

I wanted to know if generally everyone is having success with latest version of Freeway while using the latest combo update of just Sierra (not high Sierra).

I wasted three hours trying to get El Capitan on VMFusion to work with Freeway, with no reliable success. I don’t want to try that again, but as I only have one MAC and dozens of apps, I also don’t want to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra unless the general consensus is that it is likely to work.

Currently my machine is flawless with El Capitan & Freeway, but I do like to keep relatively current.

As I don’t follow this list faithfully I was hoping to get a consensus opinion whether it’s safe to upgrade to Sierra.

TIA

greg

Greg LeRoy

Address for Mail:
Box 540381
Houston, TX 77254 USA

Address for Packages:
1302 Waugh Dr#132
Houston, TX 77019 USA

www.houstonapt.com
email@hidden
Cell: 713-320-3090
VM: 713-526-3050
Fax: 713-521-0333

On Oct 3, 2017, at 1:54 PM, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

On 3 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm, Greg LeRoy wrote:

I presume you mean High Sierra.

Seems about 50/50 of the people who have post here and elsewhere.

I wonder if it is a retina iMac thing. Does anyone with the problem NOT have a retina iMac?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Greg,

I had no problems at all with Sierra current build. In fact, I have to use it in a VM to allow to have a functioning Freeway!

I haven’t heard of anyone else reporting any issues either in the later builds.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks so much for the response, Ian.

On Oct 3, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

Greg,

I had no problems at all with Sierra current build. In fact, I have to use it in a VM to allow to have a functioning Freeway!

I haven’t heard of anyone else reporting any issues either in the later builds.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sierra never cause any issues for me.

Now Freeway has an issue on High Sierra as mentioned where the lower part of the window when importing media blacks out. That’s about it. Oh, and Adobe CS6 didn’t survive the upgrade. But that’s fine with me … I bought myself copies of Affinity Designer and Photo. Still hoping for Affinity Publisher to arrive as well.

There’s plenty of really good and reliable software out there that won’t rob you from you’re last penny …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Richard,

Freeway had issues with Sierra in the first couple of dot releases, and yes, Affinity Publisher is still scheduled for beta release this year.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve been using Photoshop CS6 in High Sierra and so far haven’t come across any problems. InDesign and Illustrator also fire up fine but I haven’t had a chance to do much with them so far. I agree that going down the Affinity route in the future is most likely the best option as I’m not prepared to ‘rent’ software.

All the best

Gordon
http://www.gordonlow.net/

On 3 Oct 2017, at 10:03pm, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

Sierra never cause any issues for me.

Now Freeway has an issue on High Sierra as mentioned where the lower part of the window when importing media blacks out. That’s about it. Oh, and Adobe CS6 didn’t survive the upgrade. But that’s fine with me … I bought myself copies of Affinity Designer and Photo. Still hoping for Affinity Publisher to arrive as well.

There’s plenty of really good and reliable software out there that won’t rob you from you’re last penny …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 4 Oct 2017, 8:58 am, Gordon Low wrote:

I agree that going down the Affinity route in the future is most likely the best option as I’m not prepared to ‘rent’ software.

Yep, I uninstalled all CS products about 18 months ago in favour of Affinity products, and have never regretted it for 1 second!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The Mac that it’s failing on for me is a 2011 PowerBook.

Also, would heartily recommend Affinity Photo and Designer. Would love it if Freeway could import those files native!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi there,
can someone tell me perhaps if in earlier versions of FW (5 +6) the import function is broken too in High Sierra? I still have a few old websites of clients who never liked to change/upgrade to 7. Most of these websites are in FW 6. Little changes are still possible in Sierra without any problems.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden