[Pro] New Freeway 8

A suggestion for FW8.

I think it would be very smart for Softpress to adopt the Affinity (Serif) model for FW8. Serif have run up to year long betas for their new apps (e.g. Affinity Photo). The betas are free for anyone to download and use and will continue to work up until a new one is produced, or the final shipping version is available. IOW, they’re time limited.

This has worked really well for them. People happily tried them out, because they were free. They were able to contribute to the development with feature requests, suggestions and bug reports and when they finally shipped, they continued in much the same manner and their forums are extremely active. The pricing model was also very effective versus Adobe’s software, as they understood the market and its gigantic size and potential. In my view, the same holds true for web software.

So I would love to see FW8 released as free beta software 6 months to a year prior to final shipping, with perhaps an update to Walter’s forum software, to facilitate the feedback aspects of beta/bug reports/feedback/suggestions. I think this would really build momentum prior to release.

(I have in my head a thought for Dave and his generosity, as I haven’t really posted here for a long time)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: