[Pro] New Freeway 8

Yes, thanks Jeremy, Richard and the Softpress team. We’re still your fans. We’re looking forward to the new Freeway.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Just so you know, Freeway 7 is still in my tool box - it’s put to regular use, both for paid and personal projects.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you Jeremy. It is important for the community to hear about the next version of Freeway :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Oh, I really hope that FW8 comes out before macOS goes 64 bit only. I’ve been a satisfied user since 2001 if I remember right. And I’d hate to move to another tool.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello,
I am from Germany, use freeway for 4 years and am happy to hear that it still goes on !!!
I’ll be there as soon as a new version is available

greetings

Tim

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Peter,

Freeway 7.1.4 works fine on Mojave 10.14.1 (apart from the first time warning it’s not 64bit)

On 16 Nov 2018, at 12:28, Peter Tucker via freewaytalk email@hidden wrote:

Hi Bert,

And indeed anyone who has moved to Mojave

I’m curious how you got on with upgrading to Mojave.

I’m thinking to move to Mojave, but am hesitating before committing to the change!

David Owen { Freeway Friendly Web hosting and Domains }

http://www.ineedwebhosting.co.uk | http://www.PrintlineAdvertising.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you .I 'll wait patiently and continue working with Freeway 7 on my old iMac. Hopefully the computer will last for a while ; )
I am waiting for the release of Freeway 8 to buy a new Mac so that I can avoid any possible compatibility problems.

All the best

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I currently am using Freeway 7 again in order to rebuild an earlier FW project in favour of another FW user. The list of pet peeves already is a mile long, so I’m really looking forward to ‘Freeway8’ or whatever the next flagship of Softpress will be baptised.

An CSS editor like the late CSSEdit would be more than welcome …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 26 Nov 2018, 10:35 pm, Richard van Heukelum wrote:

I would hope it would be MUCH better than that. To most people, that looks like code. I would hope that things would only look like that if you dig into Advanced or Extended settings but for most people you’d just have Styles that made sense (and worked better than the old versions where they kept duplicating themselves, etc.).

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I would have to agree with Joe. Anything like that should be well hidden as an advanced feature, otherwise we may as well be using BBEdit to build our sites.

I have moved on and no longer using Freeway, but I drop by occasionally just to see if there is an update. Surely there should be something more concrete by now if genuine progress is being made towards Freeway 8.

Ashley

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I second that. I’ve been using it since it first updated and have encountered no problems at all.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

A quick message of support for your wonderful product and wishing you all a smooth development of FW8!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I just upgraded yesterday to OS 10:14 and have had no problems with it and Freeway Pro 7.1.4.

Off topic and unrelated, but I did have a hiccup in the Mojave upgrade with my Documents and Desktop folders. They ended up in iCloud, rather than on my desktop. About an hour with Apple tech support got it worked out. I had to reload the content of those folders from my TimeMachine to my Mac. She said she had received other calls with the same problem. I don’t think I can summarize the issue (I’m fairly low tech). But if you’re upgrading to Mojave, I suggest that you have rock-solid backups of your stuff before hitting the “Upgrade” button.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 5 Dec 2018, 4:22 am, Jim Feeney wrote:

Off topic and unrelated, but I did have a hiccup in the Mojave upgrade with my Documents and Desktop folders. They ended up in iCloud, rather than on my desktop. About an hour with Apple tech support got it worked out. I had to reload the content of those folders from my TimeMachine to my Mac. She said she had received other calls with the same problem. I don’t think I can summarize the issue (I’m fairly low tech). But if you’re upgrading to Mojave, I suggest that you have rock-solid backups of your stuff before hitting the “Upgrade” button.

That’s a feature, not a bug. I use it all the time. It allows me to have my Documents and Desktop folders on whatever Mac I’m using if I’m logged into iCloud. I can also access those folders from my iOS devices. Also, it’s kind of* an off-site backup. If a tree falls on this iMac, those files won’t be lost with this computer. I can pick up another Mac, log into iCloud, and there they are.

*I still do real backups with both Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner including two drives that are rotated off-site, so don’t worry about me.

Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 5 Dec 2018, 12:11 pm, Joe Muscara wrote:

On 5 Dec 2018, 4:22 am, Jim Feeney wrote:

That’s a feature, not a bug. I use it all the time. It allows me to have my Documents and Desktop folders on whatever Mac I’m using if I’m logged into iCloud. I can also access those folders from my iOS devices. Also, it’s kind of* an off-site backup. If a tree falls on this iMac, those files won’t be lost with this computer. I can pick up another Mac, log into iCloud, and there they are.

*I still do real backups with both Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner including two drives that are rotated off-site, so don’t worry about me.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Good input. The Apple tech support lady said she was “old school” like me — she wanted her Documents and Desktop folders to be literally on her Mac, not just representing what was in the cloud.

Since I only use my one home-based computer, I don’t miss that nice portability function you described. But I do back up to 3 at-home devices. Plus I send key files and folders, including Documents and Desktop, up to Google Drive storage, so as to have off-site backup.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I would suggest that any of you pondering a move to Mojave do a test install on an external drive, then launch Freeway and test your ACTIONS. I did that and found Caxton was totally obliterated from every page in all my sites, as I described in the following thread:

–James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

A new tool for creating websites!
Free website builder to create awesome mobile-friendly websites with no coding. bit.ly/nicepage-website-builder

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 27 Nov 2018, 12:01 pm, Joe Muscara wrote:

On 26 Nov 2018, 10:35 pm, Richard van Heukelum wrote:

I would hope it would be MUCH better than that. To most people, that looks like code. I would hope that things would only look like that if you dig into Advanced or Extended settings but for most people you’d just have Styles that made sense (and worked better than the old versions where they kept duplicating themselves, etc.).

I disagree. As you can see at the right there’s the visual editor. The middle section ‘shows’ whatever you are doing, it shows the generated CSS, and where you had to navigate to the advanced options of every freakin’ css option within the old Freeway, here you can intervene directly whenever you want or need to. If not, just don’t. It’s that easy.

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Personally I use the new software called Nicepage waiting for Freeway 8

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Richard
“but you will have to write styles/stylesheets and apply those to your document. In fact, even blend modes are possible, mixing multiple images and create a mask from images. But it’s all on css and your experience level on Freeway.”

What I miss (being more a graphic designer than web developer) is the Actions that were usable in the previous versions of Freeway. Would it be possible to develop a library of CSS style sheets that could be copied and pasted as a substitute for the lost Actions (and possibly much more)?

Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden