[Pro] Next version of Freeway

I’m not a programmer but I certainly know what a pro app is. I make my living as a video editor/post production supervisor and use pro apps 40+ hours a week.

All of them have more than one level of undo, are 64 bit to address more than 4GBs of memory and all have been rewritten from the ground up sometime over the last 5 years. That includes small developers as well as large ones. It is 2015 after all.

waltd said:

“Duplicating the entire core of Freeway in one whack would be difficult for any company”

It’s not one whack. They’ve had over 7 years.

I find it hard to believe that talented people would be satisfied resting on their laurels and give up on rewriting the app from scratch. What I’m talking about a is Freeway X.

“they do not have the income and resources to invest in anything besides incremental improvements in the existing code base.”

Is SP really that small and makes such little profit?

Instead of constantly saying “we’d have to rewrite the app from scratch” they should say either, “we are working on writing the app from scratch, stay tuned” or “we will never rewrite the app from scratch and are just going to continue using this old codebase. We don’t make enough money to justify it”.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: