[Pro] Responsive CSS Menu

Hello,
I’m having an issue with my responsive menu on this website.
http://drnsb.com

This has never happened before so I’m stumped. I removed one by one any jquery, java, etc. to see if that was the culprit. That didn’t work. I also removed lightbox.

Anyone who can help would be appreciated.

Billy

http://drnsb.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If you click on the Eye icon for the menu it won’t open.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Cant help feeling that your issue is a javascript conflict - you have so many different js things going on.

Go back through the page removing them one by one.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have two things on the page. One library runs my slideshow and the other runs the accordion. I removed both as a test and it did not fix it.

Is there one than is notorious?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have two things on the page. One library runs my slideshow and the other runs the accordion. I removed both as a test and it did not fix it.

Remove them again and post a link so that we can have a look and see if there is anything left.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

One library runs my slideshow and the other runs the accordion. I removed both as a test and it did not fix it.

What about the SmoothScroll and the Wow animations?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Silky Scroll and Animation are both Tim Plumb Actions. I’ll try that first, however I have used them on many other sites and never had this issue. Then I will remove the jquery stuff.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I removed everything. It is uploaded. Didn’t fix it.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is this a WebYep site coz i am seeing an error WY not defined.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes, but that may be because I removed the jquery ref that runs the cycle plugin for the web yep slideshow.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Until you clear all errors we dont know whats happening.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Did you see this error before I remove everything?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I am seeing the error just now.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I will re-upload everything and see if the error is still there.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The bad thing on me is, that I can remember - and if I’m going back in my mental archive, I am under the impression, that you already had this problem on past projects. And if I’m correctly oriented, it had in all cases to do with JavaScript errors.

So here:

ReferenceError: Can't find variable: fwshowhidbemenu

The interesting thing on this page is, that every library and function are twice registered in the head part. I can’t say why (action or user?), but if it is “action” I’d try to contact the developer.

As a user I can give you the following tipp (no - let’s call it instruction):

After finalizing all static parts including all content and CMS basic functionality, it’s time to add dynamics. Add those step-by-step. A functional menu is above all bling-bling. If something breaks, leave it.

To better describe this issue:

“If an elevator breaks, it’s useless. If an escalator breaks, it’s still a stair!”

So do as David recommended and stripe it down to the static barebones. This will get the menu functionality back. Add all bling-bling back and report the point where the elevator stops.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the advice Thomas. I did strip everything out and that didn’t fix. Maybe I need to delete the css menu and rebuild a new one. It used to work. I am not sure what happened because I haven’t added anything as far as dynamics since.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The problem is, that you did not share a “striped-down” version with us, so nobody can be of further help.

Good luck

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes I did. Dave had a look at it yesterday. Al he could see was that menu error.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Billy,

Can you try removing the responsive feature of the menu (just change the breakpoint in the Action palette to None) and republishing, then turning it back on and republishing.

If that doesn’t work you may need to try rebuilding the menu.

If that doesn’t work then try removing the accordion Action from the page and republishing as it may be down to a conflict with that.

Joe

On 12 Nov 2015, at 13:54, billy kimmel email@hidden wrote:

Yes I did. Dave had a look at it yesterday. Al he could see was that menu error.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes. Thank you, I will try that.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden