[Pro] Responsive Woes

Hi James, I’m by no means one of the guru’s here, and I’m not brilliant at responsiveness (I still have trouble doing a whole site in Freeway and have to resort to the lifesaver that is Backdraft more often than I would like), but quite honestly, if I can get my head around it, then I’m pretty sure a box of brains like you can.

Once I got it into my head to construct the page like a page layout type box (albeit using percentages for size), and insert the cursor for placing things, then something clicked, as that’s the sort of background I come from. From here, it’s just a matter of playing with floats, clears (I still have trouble with both of those), margins and padding and an awful lot is possible.

This worked for me, I’m not saying it’s for everyone, but just taking it from a different angle rather than drawing random boxes and hoping for the best.

Basically, from my limited knowledge, the ONLY way to get responsive is to follow the above by inserting various items within an outer holding box.

best of luck. It’s not as simple as people make it sound, but doable with trial and error.

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: