WHY does it have to be the end for softeners

Hi Doty
The forum carries on… Walter has said that earlier on and so therefore that shouldn’t be effected in the short to medium term

Peter
The model of raising finances via subscriptions isn’t great but at the moment I can’t think of another way unless it goes as Paul suggests Open Source… which would be my favourite if possible.
As for the future and the square space route… if thats where its going then I feel its a race to the bottom… because you are always going to have someone who can undercut you using the same base template. The value in FW is it bridges the gap between full hand coding and people that want to design unique sites but have little knowledge of the mechanics behind it. The Square Space setups etc is a bit like stock photography, where you see the same sort of images used for example being used in wart cream and then in an insurance advert. Personally I don’t see that as the way forward for software like Freeway.

I dont actually think Freeway lost its way as such but was probably always underfunded, it takes an enormous amount of money coming in to keep something like this bang up to date and although the industry has matured, whats expected is accelerating at a break neck speed.

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: