[Pro] Template for artists work

On 14 Sep 2015, 9:11 pm, Ann Amber wrote:

Richard… Having a problem getting text to function properly in the Content Containers created with the template. The online font is always larger that what I specify. Totally unable to get it to size I specify. What’s inherent to that container? Is it FWP misfunctioning?
Or? Please Look online at the gallery, Sheveleva, Ka pages to see the results.

My goodness, the fonts are billboard size … that’s hardly readable on mobiles, and even sitting in front of a computer I immediately want to step back. I’ve set the font-size slightly larger (16px) than the font-size of this forum (15px), which is perfectly readable on both mobile and desktop. Take a look at the results of both our efforts here:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

No… NOT correct.
my fonts are NOT Billboard size. That’s the software problem
that is the conversion occurring on the UPload that I cannot correct!!!

In my Pro inspector panel the font is 18px and with NO 16px in the list. I insert 16 and it will not keep it.
RESULT:
Hence the upload changes the font size when the font is inside THAT box in the template. In the box I inserted, the font appears as per my settings. In your box it doesn’t.
The inspector panels differ as I stated in an earlier post.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On iPhone the Text ‘My Art pieces…’ has the styling

h2.style10 { font-family:"opensans-light-italic"; font-weight:normal; font-size:3.6rem; text-align:justify; line-height:2em }

That is what makes it look HUGE as per Richard’s screenshot

Not quite sure why you have applied an h2 style to that text at all. Should be a body style.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yep - super idea dealing with rem-units, at least if one knows how to deal with it.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Not quite sure why you have applied an h2 style to that text at all. Should be a body style.

Just to add to this Ann.

Remove the h2 styling from that text (it is the h2 that has the attribute 3.6rem) and you will be able to use the sizes in the Inspector.

As a side note the rem unit is a relative measurement of size, in this case relative to the base font size on the page which is 10px. This means that text sized at 3.6rem is essentially 36px.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

thanks, but I do now know where to even look for h2 styling. I wrote NO code. The difference I discern is that the container of that bloated text was created with the template. while the container above it is the one I added.

A different container below it also accepts my work.

From day one that particular container (that bloats the text) has been a pain in the zzzzz. So how do alter the h2… just delete the container and start over?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

From style dropdown menu; removed style and it seeks to work

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Text needs to be placed into ‘description’ in stead of ‘content’ in order to have some white space around it:

- content (DIV)
  - pass through image (100% width, fixed (%), flexible height
  - description (DIV, this is where the text goes)

The styles already are present in the styles palette, you can edit these within the styles editor.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Richard. I never see the stuff in the green box, the code. If it seems I have difficulty grasping aspects, perhaps this will help. This human body has NO inner imagery. It does NOT see ‘pictures’ in the mind, head, etc. It’s mind process is logical - it’s known as a non-imager. Imagers come in 3 different types. Until one grasps the differences much miscommunication DOES occur. To grasp the difference it can help of see http://changingchange.info/images.html

However, seeing images helps me perceive mentally where an imager gets ‘caught up’ in the inner image from the words read or herd… A strong imager can lock on an ideal, concept, way, or single words, so deeply it is almost impossible to effectively communicate. Perhaps that will help grasp why sometimes we do not effectively communicate in these posts.

That old image does show the H2 style I had to delete as was recommended earlier. The current index page changed several aspects to work better (to me). I had to remove style aspects in order to get the font size/style needed. By modifying margins and padding, I align some aspects - still working on getting multiple images onto pages where the containers are forced by the master.
I very greatly appreciate your help and patience (and that of others who have helped.)
ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That old image does show the H2 style I had to delete as was recommended earlier

I didn’t suggest deleting the style - rather remove that attribute from the text you had applied it to.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Delta Dave…on 13th 8:27 pm you provided info to use right arrow to insert a new container. I used it then and it worked. Today when It was done it does not put the item where I need it. On the Ka page there is the content container and inside it is the content-container (conento-container)
Item 1 (description)
Comments (comments)
Here is what Is needed:
content-container (conento-container)
NEW HTML container for PASS thru graphic
Item 1 (description)
Comments (comments

I seek to insert an html item in which to insert a pass thru graphic so it is on the page at the top ahead of or prior to the item1 description…

Have been unable to place it there. with one or more right arrow. What’s the solution?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 16 Sep 2015, 7:57 pm, Ann Amber wrote:

I never see the stuff in the green box, the code.

Okay, this just set off the alarm bells … you don’t see the green outlines, the div’s so to speak? Because that might just influence how you approach this whole thing.

Do yo have ‘Outlines’ enabled in the app’s view settings? see below

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Today when It was done it does not put the item where I need it.

I seek to insert an html item in which to insert a pass thru graphic so it is on the page at the top ahead of or prior to the item1 description…

You do not appear to have a Div for the Description within your content-container. You do have one called content.

If you want the new image above the content div but still within the content-container div then select the content div and use the Left arrow to move the insertion point before the container div.

Then Insert>Html item.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

For the love of Oprah. I just posted a reply of about a mile long; now it doesn’t show up …

THIRD ATTEMPT TO SUBMIT POST

yeah, I probably experienced the same issues you had trying to submit a post here … after submitting nothing happened and I had to start over again :slight_smile:

I’ve had this happen to me way too many times on FWtalk - and there’s no recovery option.

Best recommendation I can offer is to compose in word processing, then paste to FW Talk/Browser if you’re going to type more than just a few lines. You could keep slecting all and copying as another way to sort of backup your typing in the browser. Otherwise, it could all be gone with a single click. :-/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Good solution Karen

DeltaDave…yes outlines, html layout, media width, snap to guides and guides above along with master page are active in view

assuming DIV means a container will attempt it DeltaDave. thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks DeltaDave … got that working.
Is it possible to move them up and down in the site panel- rearranging their order? Or is just a matter of re-naming them?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 17 Sep 2015, 7:06 pm, Ann Amber wrote:

Is it possible to move them up and down in the site panel- rearranging their order?

Not by drag & drop.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Richard: I deleted the troublesome page, recreated it; named and linked as necessary. Seems to work okay.
Alex has 25 +/-- images (of artists works) to put on the site. What are the options?
I recall some years back a series of photos with a horizontal scroll. There will be details of each art work hence Image and text will be involved. Creating additional pages one for each artist/art work seems like old school…isn’t there a better way?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In fact, there is, or even better there’s this which I used creating this one

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

WOW!! fascinating. You are creative. I briefly saw something about Exhibeo earlier.That’s an Extensive application you developed.
What Alex has in mind about image/text I have yet to discover as example supposedly coming today or tomorrow.
Is it possible to stay with the existing template for Alex? I suspect it would require a total change away from Freeway?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden