WebYep 2 released.. Freeway actions will be launched in the next few days

Would it be easier to sent me an example that I can use going forward? That way I can learn from it or use that code on future sites. I have many clients that love being able to edit their slideshows on their own.

I could use Owl but clients can’t add elements with a loop.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

yes I can do it that and by the way, you can use owl as well with loops… I will try to find an example for you

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Max, thank you

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes Owl would be great. Is it possible to get me an example soon?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi billy I will try to find the example later on
speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ok Max,
I will look for it.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Max, I will look for it.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Wondering how to do the following:
I have a gallery made up from a four column Backdraft responsive module, each column containing a WebYep 2 image placeholder, with clickable thumbnails to give the lightbox facility.

As it stands, the thumbnail images display the images from the top down and are cut off at a predetermined depth, as the client wants to avoid images of differing heights appearing in the same row as far as possible. This predetermined height adjusts with break points to avoid letter-boxing the images.

Is there any way I can centre the images vertically within the allocated space? I’ve tried various suggestions found on the web for centering images vertically within divs, but nothing seems to work.

The work in progress site and gallery page is here:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi everyone.
I am just updating the status of “were the WebYep2 freeway actions are”.
As you are probably aware, WebYep2 launched a few months ago, and I was going to follow that up (after a short test period) with the commercial version plus the freeway actions.
The good news was working with the WebYep community we’ve uncovered just a small handful of issues which don’t affect the normal usage of WebYep system, and of which most have been fixed in the latest betas. While I was doing that, something did dawn on me, that’s specific to Freeway. The hurdle to overcome is between freeway 6 and freeway 7, and how both applications handle styles.
So my big question is:
How many freeway users who use WebYep and use WebYep loops are using Freeway 6
if the answer is not many, then that may mean I change the way I handle the styles within loops

Any feedback would be appreciated
max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I use WebYep loops on Freeway 7, am so looking forward to the update.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’m using Freeway 7…

Thanks for the updates!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I use Freeway 7 with loops
Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I also use Freeway 7 with WebYep loops

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

mmm ok from the response it looks like most people have gone over to 7 which makes things easier
cheers for your feed-back

As a side note:
WY 2.1 will soon be launched
it has the bug fixes squashed and a whole new language installed
which is European Spanish
it will also make send to finally realise the WebYep freeway actions as well at the same time
all the bets Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello Max,

Hope you don’t mind me asking but is the WebYep2 available for download anywhere? Hope that I haven’t just missed an obvious link in the midst of this thread!
I am using web yep in Freeway 7 with version 3.3 of the action. However I am not able to view all the actions when trying to insert them. Maybe an upgrade might sort this.

many thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Remember, all Actions are context-sensitive. If you don’t have an object applicable to that Action selected in the design view, the Action will just not appear in the list when you try to apply it. So for a Page Action, you have to ensure that nothing at all is selected. For an Item Action, you have to have the correct type of object (Graphic box or HTML box) selected. For an Action Item, you have to have either a flashing text cursor somewhere, or nothing selected, in order to Insert / Action Item / [pick Action here].

Walter

On Sep 11, 2018, at 8:44 AM, tonzodehoo email@hidden wrote:

Hello Max,

Hope you don’t mind me asking but is the WebYep2 available for download anywhere? Hope that I haven’t just missed an obvious link in the midst of this thread!
I am using web yep in Freeway 7 with version 3.3 of the action. However I am not able to view all the actions when trying to insert them. Maybe an upgrade might sort this.

many thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hullo Walter,

Thanks for your contribution. Indeed I have been using this action set for a few years and am familiar with the setup etc but the only actions available in any elected state are the login button and the Rich text one.
The other actions are not showing in the menu edit-actions list.
I’d set it up on a site built in an earlier version of Freeway and was starting the process of reconfiguring it in Freeway 7 with a view to making it as responsive.

Its frustrating when a wee quick job is met with an unexpected technical issue such as this.
I thought maybe if I could get version 3.4 and do a fresh install then it might at least rule this out as a possible reason.

Thanks again and hope you are well.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just to let you know that I have resolved this.

I found a link on an older email with a download of version 3.4 and after installation all the actions are now visible.

Thanks for your time.
All the best for now

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hullo again.
Just when you thought it was safe to move on….

Just wanted to check what version of php is required for the version 3.4 to function?

I’ve installed and setup a tester and the page isn’t appearing.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

many thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hullo again,

For future reference I had the hosting company downgrade the php version from version 7 to 5.4 and the page is working fine.

I assume that its a lot of work for Max to rewrite the script to be able to work in the most up to date php version. I was just curious what the advantages of with the more up to date version as opposed to the older versions?
Every day is a school day so if there is a way to understand this more it would be interesting.

Thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden